We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: AM 530 kHz Morse Beacon RWE  (Read 12917 times)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: AM 530 kHz Morse Beacon RWE
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 0038 UTC »
A jerk? Not in the least (never even entered my mind).

Can understand about the other stuff going on. 'nuff said.

Owatonna... just down the road a piece. I listen to 100.9 KOWZ from there and have for quite a while.

Where you there in the 90's? KYMN 1080 in Northfield used to transmit in AM Stereo. That sounded GREAT, esp on the Sony SRF-42. Alas, the only remaining station that I know of that transmits in C-QUAM is SW pirate X-FM (and his audio sounds GREAT too).
Minneapolis, MN

Offline 4405486

• View Profile
Re: AM 530 kHz Morse Beacon RWE
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 1549 UTC »
 I was born in Ladysmith Wisconsin, ironically that is also the hometown of our local Congresswoman: Lois Capps and hometown of the Vietnam Vet who provided the inspiratation for Spielbergs movie: "Born on the 4th of July" and evidently Bruce Springsteens :"Born in the USA".
 Moved to Owatonna while was quite young, both parents worked for Jostens. I go back to the days of Harman Kilabrew and Tony Olivia of the Twins.
 I'm having second thoughts about following the: "other stuff" to disconcerting and at my age I should care. Eat, drink, and be merry...these are the good old days?
 Cheers.