We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WDCV DONE WITH FRN!  (Read 6969 times)

Offline PiratePoptart

• 3nd Turntable to the left.
  • Me Checking Hf conditions!
    • View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
WDCV DONE WITH FRN!
« on: May 22, 2011, 2333 UTC »
So here i am! Im done with the FRN! ;D
So i will start using this instead of the FRN.Still keeping the account but not useing it as much...
Just thought i'd say hello to all yah monkey Heads out there....
Dah best DJ
 :o Pirate Poptart! :o
 P.S Is there anyway to add signatures like on the FRN? ???
email here is 88.1wdcv@gmail.com
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Re: WDCV DONE WITH FRN!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 2351 UTC »
Go to PROFILE>Forum Profile Information
and there's a board you can setup for your signature.

Somebody bother you over there?

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 0003 UTC »
Go to PROFILE>Forum Profile Information
and there's a board you can setup for your signature.

Somebody bother you over there?

Thanks my own Profile pic too! :o oh i better change my mokey pants.. there brown now!
Theres a few Monkey's that i don't like yes but i got the hang of the FRN and i think this is a better site. Nothing against the FRn but just not my cup of Coke(don't drink tea)  8)   But Yea....  ;)
 Who know maybe them fook'in bad monkeys will leave me alone.
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline gristle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 0010 UTC »
I cant even get on the site right now. Either I am blocked or they are down or, I dunno. The flaming gets too heavy over there at times Poptart. This years bout of pirate PMS is however the worst I have ever seen. Place has not been the same since the change of management. :-\

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 0018 UTC »
There was a fairly long thread on the FRN started by DJPoptart, concerning yesterday's rapture. Just after DJ started this thread here on HFU, I went to the FRN to see if that thread was still there. It still was, so I clicked on it, since I had not been following it. My browser hung for a while, so I navigated back the the FRN and tried again. This time the thread was gone. I wonder if perhaps they are erasing all traces of DJPoptart, as they have for other people that I know of. And, right after that, the FRN became unavailable.

Fansome

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 0022 UTC »
I would bet that, if and when the FRN comes back up, your account will be gone there, and most likely all of your posts will have been deleted.

So i will start using this instead of the FRN.Still keeping the account but not useing it as much...
Dah best DJ

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 0022 UTC »
Pirate radio tends to attract eccentric folks with strong personalities and opinions.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  The hobby would be boring if everyone did everything the same way just for the sake of avoiding conflict.

It's only a problem when a bias prevents diversity from allowing natural equilibrium to sort things out.

Anyway, Poptart, there are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks on the FRN so it's still useful for networking and finding folks with compatible interests.  And there are many, many other radio hobbyist sites around, especially several that are more compatible with free or pirate FM radio.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 0100 UTC »
I would bet that, if and when the FRN comes back up, your account will be gone there, and most likely all of your posts will have been deleted.

Dah best DJ
And Ima a sore looser of a monkey? wow ill check and see.
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 0102 UTC »
Pirate radio tends to attract eccentric folks with strong personalities and opinions.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  The hobby would be boring if everyone did everything the same way just for the sake of avoiding conflict.

It's only a problem when a bias prevents diversity from allowing natural equilibrium to sort things out.

Anyway, Poptart, there are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks on the FRN so it's still useful for networking and finding folks with compatible interests.  And there are many, many other radio hobbyist sites around, especially several that are more compatible with free or pirate FM radio.
Yes i know it's like sorry for believeing what i believe in yah know?
And this looks like a much better and "nicer" site people look a lil more helpful/ smarter  too..
Thanks guys for Welcoming me to the HFU.
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 0104 UTC »
As of right now 9:03EST the FRN site is down...
What wacko's
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline gristle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 0144 UTC »

You got it Lex. Like I said though this Pirate Flaming pops up from time to time. Happens on all forums at one time or another, really anytime you get more than 3 people together this stuff will happen. Recent changes over there though have changed the personality of the forum. This type of behavior( the flaming ect) would have been crushed quickly in the past and now it is not.
Because my listening setup has sucked for the past 2years i have not been posting over there or anywhere. I however do read logs and the other forums on the site to kind of keep up, not to mention I find it fun. Needless to say I have noticed a change and it bums me out.

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 0150 UTC »

You got it Lex. Like I said though this Pirate Flaming pops up from time to time. Happens on all forums at one time or another, really anytime you get more than 3 people together this stuff will happen. Recent changes over there though have changed the personality of the forum. This type of behavior( the flaming ect) would have been crushed quickly in the past and now it is not.
Because my listening setup has sucked for the past 2years i have not been posting over there or anywhere. I however do read logs and the other forums on the site to kind of keep up, not to mention I find it fun. Needless to say I have noticed a change and it bums me out.

I am a younger guy in the hobbie and i don't knwo if ill stick around much longer because of these "crack heads" for lack of  a better word. Its a shame we cant get along.
Can they make it  so i can't get on the FRN w/o signing on?
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline gristle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 0156 UTC »
Poptart, Anyone can read the forums. You just need to register, and be approved, to post. But really, I would not let some ones behavior there stop you from participating in a wider pirate radio community.

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 0222 UTC »
Poptart, Anyone can read the forums. You just need to register, and be approved, to post. But really, I would not let some ones behavior there stop you from participating in a wider pirate radio community.
Theres more to it then what one person said i was attcked through about 5-6 emails..
but ima be a "good-monkey" so it's all good from here on out.

Maybe it's the FRN server... that's why it's out? Bad wether there? huh whoo knwos lol
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 0240 UTC »
Theres more to it then what one person said i was attcked through about 5-6 emails..
but ima be a "good-monkey" so it's all good from here on out.

I'd sure be interested in the return addresses on those emails...
This kind of thing is now known to be 'typical' of the 'Bunny Mafia'.  Perhaps someone didn't want to share the attention over the rapture business?

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns