We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FRN SITE DOWN Info from WBNY  (Read 2067 times)

Offline PiratePoptart

• 3nd Turntable to the left.
  • Me Checking Hf conditions!
    • View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
FRN SITE DOWN Info from WBNY
« on: May 23, 2011, 2004 UTC »
I got this email from Commander Bunny:

I've studied the maps of the path of the Joplin Tornado and the path goes right across where John Cruzan, the founder of the FRN lives.  It is also where the server for the FRN is located.  Its near Wisconsin & East 20th Street in Joplin.  The path goes within a block of that location.

I have tried to call John but no phones are working. 

I have emailed him telling him that everyone is worried about him and to let me know if he is OK!

Please keep John Cruzan and his family in your prayers.  All of our petty differences mean nothing when the life of someone who has played such an important role in Pirate Radio is hanging.

I will let you know when I hear something. 

Commander Bunny

Hope there okay... Whos got a Ham radio? go check on him and give us a report! lol we'll all be listening
Just an FYi for all yall out there...
Dj Poptart
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
Re: FRN SITE DOWN Info from WBNY
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 2014 UTC »
It's not funny is it? No not all all...<----For thoese who think it is.
 :'( What if he's gone? :'( Keep him in our thought's and prayers..

Dj Poptart
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 2034 UTC by PiratePoptart »
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 2037 UTC »
I was in the SF Bay area when the 89 quake hit. Several employees of the company I was working for were contacted within a few days by the Red Cross; apparently they have a locator service for just this purpose. If the phones are out, as they were in that case, and apparently are in Joplin now, the RC will send people out to the person's home and workplace to try to find them.

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 2040 UTC »
I was in the SF Bay area when the 89 quake hit. Several employees of the company I was working for were contacted within a few days by the Red Cross; apparently they have a locator service for just this purpose. If the phones are out, as they were in that case, and apparently are in Joplin now, the RC will send people out to the person's home and workplace to try to find them.
Well let's send out people..? This could be bad but let's hope for the best..
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 2057 UTC »
It sounds like the Commander has the information that the Red Cross would need to find Cruzan. Perhaps you could email this suggestion to him, as he and I are not exactly buddies.

Offline PiratePoptart

• View Profile
    • WDCV HOMEPAGE
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 2104 UTC »
It sounds like the Commander has the information that the Red Cross would need to find Cruzan. Perhaps you could email this suggestion to him, as he and I are not exactly buddies.

I will do such. right now him and i are talking(e-mail)  about the Poor sports in The hobbie.
From The WDCV Studios
Pirate Poptart
A.K.A Dj Poptart
88.1wdcv@gmail.com

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns