We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Continental R. 3919V AM 1917 UTC 17 Nov 2018  (Read 665 times)

Offline KaySeeks

• DX Legend
  • Quebec. Vive la différence.
    • View Profile
Continental R. 3919V AM 1917 UTC 17 Nov 2018
« on: November 17, 2018, 1918 UTC »

Original subject : Continental Radio 3919.92 AM 1917 UTC 17 November 2018

1970's music.
French pop at 1919 UTC but cut mid-song to EN vocal song.
Racist song "The white man is on the rise."  <--- Fuck you, pirate. I'm tuning out of this shit right now.

Last edit by Kay Seeks at 19:24
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 2139 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
Just somebody with a radio, a computer and a pair of headphones...

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: Continental Radio 3919.92 AM 1917 UTC 17 November 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 1937 UTC »
1930 pops, drifting around 3919,9

Probably has drifted down from 3925 one hour ago

NB . For some bad English speaking persons, 'the white man' = 'the man in white' ?
Not sure about anything.
But some clearing up is needed, including for the long transmission of Nov. 11th,
so I do some editing for the sake of readability.
Kay, I don't cut anything in your report, but I want to make things as clear as possible. And I'm smelling possible fake IDs in this story since last Sunday.

That drifting station is going on with pops, with shift around 3919 - 3920
2127 talking in Dutch, ID no copy (too noisy), music, 2132 sounds like football stadium
For sure, nasty drifting TX ! And now nasty frequency hops !, 2135

2142 on 3922 V
Time to stop that mess, to assume your ideas, and to give a real ID, nasty station !

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 2144 UTC by Ray Lalleu »
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

Offline KaySeeks

• DX Legend
  • Quebec. Vive la différence.
    • View Profile
Re: Continental R. 3919V AM 1917 UTC 17 Nov 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 0636 UTC »
Hi Ray,

For some bad English speaking persons, 'the white man' = 'the man in white' ?

In this case, I can tell from his free-speaking ability that his level of comprehension in English is quite high. I also want to point out that this sentance was repeated several times along with several other racist lyrics. This wasn't just a misunderstanding.

As for the other items, if I understand you correctly you are saying that there are some strange, explainable things going on and perhaps Continental Radio was being "faked" or "spoofed" (in English) by another operator. Is that correct?
Just somebody with a radio, a computer and a pair of headphones...

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: Continental R. 3919V AM 1917 UTC 17 Nov 2018
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 1543 UTC »
Hi Ray,

For some bad English speaking persons, 'the white man' = 'the man in white' ?

In this case, I can tell from his free-speaking ability that his level of comprehension in English is quite high. I also want to point out that this sentance was repeated several times along with several other racist lyrics. This wasn't just a misunderstanding.

As for the other items, if I understand you correctly you are saying that there are some strange, explainable things going on and perhaps Continental Radio was being "faked" or "spoofed" (in English) by another operator. Is that correct?

OK, you heard more than a single sentence of that song.

Then I want clearings about the station ID. The TX seemed the same that was used on Nov.11th, and the transmission that day ended by a Radio Rainbow ID. I'm waiting for a reply from Rainbow about all that. I think that someone  spoofing as R. Rainbow can also use any other name. So I don't want to say shame before making things clear.

You seem to be very familiar with the web SDR servers. Could you use the kiwi TDOA system? Begin testing that , find the best placed ones around the NL for the 76 meter band, and be ready for a quick localisation on the next transmission of that nasty TX? At first, go to the site of ulx2 to see what he did about the utilities on the 48mb.
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***