We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WCK now operational from SE Minnesota  (Read 1622 times)

Offline W0WCK

• View Profile
WCK now operational from SE Minnesota
« on: December 05, 2018, 0205 UTC »
I have placed beacon WCK on the air from extreme Southeast Minnesota, grid square EN43AR, 13.56025 mHz.

Signal reports may be emailed to W0WCK@arrl.net.

Dave, W0WCK

Offline William Hassig

• DXing Phenomena
  • Mt. Prospect, IL 60056 USA
    • MSN Messenger - williamhassig@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WCK now operational from SE Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 0317 UTC »
At 0310utc I tried to tune it in but there is too much rhythmic fast chirps and beeps 24/7/365 from a huge commercial/industrial area just west of O'Hare airport and I am located 5 miles (8km) north of that. Maybe I'll try on xmas morning but they'll probably still be there. 
Drake R8, Kenwood R-2000, Panasonic RF-4900, Sony 2010, Realistic DX440, Grundig Satellit 500, 7mhz backyard dipole, Mt Prospect, IL 20miles (32km) NW of downtown Chicago. I have been using online receivers because of strong data hash interference in my neighborhood that I believe is caused by Uverse squeezing up to 100mb/sec through ordinary pairs of wires. I don't have Uverse but neighbors do. williamhassig@yahoo.com

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns