We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6630 kHz USB Peskies in the aeronautical band! 2155 UTC 29 Nov 2018  (Read 675 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
6630 kHz USB 6.630 MHz - 45 meter freebanders - Portuguese language.  Lots and lots of other QSOs in the 6 MHz band today...this one popped out to me.  Listening via the Westminster, MD KiwiSDR.  Rapid-fire dialog in Portuguese, possibly fishing fleets or freebanders...this is a dangerous area to hang out in, as its in the 6 MHz civilian aircraft band...nevertheless, the 6.6 MHz region is very popular.  I see several other QSOs in progress on the waterfall display as I type this.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m