We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Red Meat: How Much Is Too Much?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Red Meat: How Much Is Too Much?
« on: December 01, 2018, 2109 UTC »
"In fact, randomized, controlled trials demonstrate that red meat is either neutral or beneficial to our health.

Furthermore, with the impressive range of nutrients red meat provides, it is something that I think we should value in our diet.

Personally speaking, I do not think that red meat has to be carefully restricted. It is a nutrient-dense food that brings much nutritional value to our diet."

https://www.nutritionadvance.com/how-much-red-meat/
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: Red Meat: How Much Is Too Much?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 2254 UTC »
Hmmm...  correlation does not equal causation. 
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Red Meat: How Much Is Too Much?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 1105 UTC »
Chew it twelve times and you can eat as much of it as you can lay your hands on. Less than twelve and you could choke. Choking on unchewed bits is the only danger associated with eating red meat as long as it's cooked.

We raised cattle and hogs. I was taught how to safely eat them by my Grandma. Slaughtering them was little more tricky, some of those docile steers wanted to put up a fight once they figured out what was going on. The ingrates!