We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale.

Author Topic: Ukraine SDR - 3731 kHz LSB Russian Propaganda War 0010 + UTC 6 Nov 2018  (Read 119 times)

Offline R4002

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
Listening on a Ukraine-based KiwiSDR - 3731 kHz 3.731 MHz LSB mode in the 80 meter amateur band...there's music and several stations transmitting on each other at 0013 UTC...one of the stations was pushing 30db over S9 at one point.  At 0014 UTC, I can hear an OM talking with music and jamming underneath him....very busy frequency

0015 UTC - heard "commander commander" and "capitan" - several stations jamming each other
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/scanners/receivers - VHF LMR network operator

Offline kris

• View Profile
    • Email
Yes, late in the evening it was exceptionally crowded at 3731 LSB and drowned itself out.
This strongest station is the leading UA1CC (named Center Center).
The Russian leading station does not talk with listeners, it drowns music and political recordings from its radio stations or read comments by professional announcers. Russian HAMs annoy the UA leader but they have much less power.

- Today, for now, 40 and 80mb is calm.
Icom PCR-1000, RTL-SDR(R820T2) H/V/UHF USB Tuner, Sony XDR-F1HD,
160 m Sky Loop + ballon 9:1, Discone Moonraker
QTH: Gdansk Poland
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
Checking the Lutsk, Ukraine based KiwiSDR at 2202 UTC and I am hearing several stations on 3731 kHz LSB....but not nearly as strong as they were last night.  80 meters is active with several QSOs on-going on nearby frequencies. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/scanners/receivers - VHF LMR network operator

Offline kris

• View Profile
    • Email
Tonight is calmer, worse propagation than yesterday at night.
Typical propaganda talks of the UA leader from HAMs from UA. RU is shouting a little.
Checking the Lutsk Kiwi is good choise, but there may be better places  !
0051 UTC 07 Dec UA political coments record- reference to the situation of Ukraine and Poland during and past of the WW2. Russian domination and attempts to restore it now.
-very strong and wide full modulation
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 0116 UTC by kris »

Offline R4002

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
So Russia is using high power military transmitters on 3731 kHz but what about the Ukrainians?  I presume its just amateur-level or consumer COTS gear?   Sounds like the Russians are owning the frequency when they transmit.  Propaganda war on 80 meters.

Offline kris

• View Profile
    • Email
So Russia is using high power military transmitters on 3731 kHz but what about the Ukrainians?  I presume its just amateur-level or consumer COTS gear?   Sounds like the Russians are owning the frequency when they transmit.  Propaganda war on 80 meters.
I usually listen from my location, which gives me a good estimate of the signal level, better reception and separation of UA stations from RU. The signal level of the leading stations is a few S higher than the level of amateur stations. I see it perfectly on the HDSDR waterfall. It was this unprecedented image in the HAMs band, that drew my attention for the first time. This is more than 1 KW of power that can have HAMs on the tranceivers from the store. In the Polish army, Russian HF transmitters with the power of 3 and 5 kW were used - I am convinced that such a transmitters use both radio war leaders.
  As for the host of this FRQ you are right. It's clear from the listening:
"RU> it is the Belarusian frequency, who is talking, be silent ..."(does it indicate QTH?)
"UA> this is the frequency of Putin's Crimean pederasts, do not listen ..." ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 2250 UTC by kris »