We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Buzzcocks co-founder Pete Shelley dies at 63  (Read 1429 times)

Fansome

Buzzcocks co-founder Pete Shelley dies at 63
« on: December 07, 2018, 0441 UTC »
X

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzcocks co-founder Pete Shelley dies at 63
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 1349 UTC »
I've been listening to a lot of early Buzzcock tunes in the past month or two. RIP Pete.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 1417 UTC »
Great musician and landmark band. Glad I got to see them a few years ago, after having seen them only one other time back in 1991. The Buzzcocks were Manchester's first punk band, and the first important English punk band to come from outside London, making them pioneers of a scene that would be one of (for lack of a better word) alternative music's leading edges in the 80s and 90s. Before Oasis, Happy Mondays, New Order, The Smiths, Magazine (featuring founding Buzzcock Howard Devoto) or Joy Division, there were The Buzzcocks. The funny thing being, of course, that they weren't much like the bands that followed them.

RIP Pete.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 1732 UTC »
Ah, very sad news. The Buzzcocks have been rocking my world since the 70s. RIP Pete, and thanks for the music.

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 2259 UTC »
I read it last night and it saddened me.  I must have listened to Singles Going Steady hundreds of times.  Now he can be reunited with his POS Starway guitar.  He said something like it was like playing a 2x4 with strings up a half inch.  Legend has it he broke the sob in half.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 2017 UTC »
I read it last night and it saddened me.  I must have listened to Singles Going Steady hundreds of times.  Now he can be reunited with his POS Starway guitar.  He said something like it was like playing a 2x4 with strings up a half inch.  Legend has it he broke the sob in half.

Lol I had a bat like that! Gibson Les Paul copy in waferboard I suspect, neck was inflexible and they still bridged the strings up a half inch over the frets.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns