We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 4141 kHz USB Spanish Language Traffic 0000 UTC 20 Dec 2018  (Read 829 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
4141 kHz USB Spanish Language Traffic 0000 UTC 20 Dec 2018
« on: December 20, 2018, 1350 UTC »
Fishery radio traffic Latin America 4141 kHz 4.141 MHz USB voice SS OMs heard via COMMSIGMA KiwiSDR.

This is a log from last night - this time instead of 4131 kHz USB they're using 4141 kHz USB.  I believe its the same group heard on 12/14/18 around 0000 UTC.  Even while 6-8 MHz is busy with Spanish and Portuguese (and sometimes Italian and English) voices all over the various bands and the sun has set a while ago...4 MHz becomes busy too. 4063 kHz to 4438 kHz us the 4 MHz HF-SSB marine maritime mobile band so these frequencies being used makes sense. 

I guess I didn't really realize the scope of how much traffic was coming out of Latin America until I started listening with remote receivers in better locations for propagation from South America, Central America and the Caribbean.  Discussion topics include boat performance and things at the pueblo (town, village).  Lots of QSOs on the 6-7 MHz band last night between OMs and YLs, probably fishermen talking to their wives in their home villages. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m