We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Captain Morgan 6925 am  (Read 1587 times)

Newfoundland DXer

Captain Morgan 6925 am
« on: July 16, 2011, 0231 UTC »
on 0209 with "Born to be Wild", ID, "Magic Carpet Ride", ID/email, dance tune, ID/email, "Takin Care of Business", "Play that Funky Music", jazz/blues tune, off 0230

starting to get a tone on the signal around 0225,  seems another station is on 6925,2 or so now :roll:

34443 tonight

Thanks Capt.!

Cheers, Terry

Offline DimBulb

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Captain Morgan 6925 am
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 0347 UTC »
The Captain putting a very nice signal into NH this evening, peaking S9+.  Starting the show with some Steppenwolf.

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Morgan 6925 am on July 16 (and 6950, and UNID 6899)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 0728 UTC »

Captain Morgan SW also heard on 6925,0 approx., here in W. Europe on Sat. 16 of July at 02.09UTC with "Born to be wild" and other songs I don't know, one was "..funky music". Signal strong enough, but sounding badly so I could not copy the "Captain Morgan" part of the ID, only "shortwave at gmail dot com". By 02.23, it was evident there was an other station underneath, drifting enough to get a hum now. At 02.30 both stations disappeared.

I tuned around and found an other signal at 02.36UTC on 6899.3 AM with also "shortwave" in the ID at 02.41, but it was a weaker one, also announcing a (phone?) nr incl. 443 and gmail at 02.57, disturbed by SSB traffic on 6905LSB. So I tuned again elsewhere for a while (see under). I came back and heard a long ID at 03.43 but nothing better till the signal faded out under the SSB traffic and noise.

Captain Morgan SW heard again at 03.13UTC, this time on 6950,2 kHz, playing again that "..funky music" song, then an other blues and boogie programme. And again I could not copy the "Captain Morgan" part of the gmail address! Ended with scary noises at 03.42UTC.

Ray
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns