We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Earth’s magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we don’t know why. And, my vent.  (Read 1008 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Looks like the polar flip has kicked into high gear,    https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/earths-magnetic-pole-is-on-the-move-fast-and-we-dont-know-why/news-story/341c92307a6b19d25b38836c6097be9d

Be aware, you will be inundated with climate change VID's. My $0.02 on the subject after hearing this for over 40 years? I believe in not polluting what we eat, drink, and breath, but to suggest that a saving grace is to pay a few billionaires the proverbial black hole called carbon taxes, when a single private jet trip spews more CO2 than you, or I, will in a month, is certainly not an answer. Want to add something that can both breath CO2 and clean the atmosphere? That thing is called a plant. So, as the late John Denver used to sing in that 1980's PSA, "Plant A Tree, For Your Tomorrow."  There's my vent.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
It's obviously due to globular warmins. Also, John Denver is "late" because he was burning fossil fuels in a private aircraft. Also, I don't see what the big deal is since it's now closer to the geographic pole than ever before as far as records show.

https://browse.startpage.com/do/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wakeupkiwi.com%2Fimages%2Fchurch-climatology.jpg&sp=4cc84c78b2a67c5cb4877b99552ce1aa&t=default
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 2133 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
How true...

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline JimIO