We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Simon Mason Website  (Read 2580 times)

Offline BigMikeFWD

• View Profile
    • Email
Simon Mason Website
« on: January 05, 2019, 2131 UTC »
I just read on Simon Masons website that it is being shutdown soon.

Offline autovon

• View Profile
Re: Simon Mason Website
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 0044 UTC »
Major bummer.  His site is a great resource.
Default RX location is Wisconsin using various wire antennas. Other RX will be noted.

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 1639 UTC »
I just read on Simon Masons website that it is being shutdown soon.

Here is what is written on Simon's website about shutting down (ALL CAPS his, not mine): DUE TO A HOUSE LOCATION MOVE OUT OF THE AREA, THIS WEBSITE WILL BE DELETED SOMETIME IN 2019. THANKS FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS AND GOODBYE!

I wonder why Simon couldn't just leave his website going, as it certainly would not be dependent on him living in one location or the other.

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 1710 UTC »
While the site is still a good tool, it has a lot of historical data, the linked site that carried the sound files has been inactive for a while.  That means that most of the linked examples have been dead links for some time.  And as sat-dxer points out you can hit the Wayback Machine for the web pages themselves, although not the sound files.

It really needs a lot of work to get sorted out, and Simon may not have the time to devote to doing that.  Really only he can answer that.

But if Simon just does not want to pay for server space I have an unlimited bandwidth server I would be glad to have host the site.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 1733 UTC »
But if Simon just does not want to pay for server space I have an unlimited bandwidth server I would be glad to have host the site.

T!

I was thinking along the same lines. I don't have unlimited bandwidth, but I'd be willing to host his files, if needed.

Offline BigMikeFWD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 2103 UTC »
I sent him an email here is his response

On Jan 6, 2019, at 6:28 AM, Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Mike,
 The recordings now reside with the guys at http://priyom.org/about , so maybe you could get in touch with them as they are the best number station resource online now.

Good luck!,
   Simon

On 05/01/2019 20:55, Michael J Talkington wrote:
Can I get a copy of this site on cd or the recordings I could host it in the us thanks mike
Sent from my iPad