We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6780 kHz USB English Language Caribbean Curacao Island 2216 UTC 14 Jan 2019  (Read 680 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Like the station on 6612 kHz USB, these two stations are switching back and forth between English and Spanish.  Heard "eleven" in English distinctly, and several other transmissions including "what can I pay for?" and things like that.  Just heard OM say "outside...outside..." with a thick Caribbean accent. 

Listening via Chris' KiwiSDR in Westminster, MD.

UNID radio net HF radio Caribbean? area 6780 kHz 6.780 MHz.  This frequency has been logged several times in the past but this is the first time I've heard English language on it.  Every other time it's been Spanish language.

"give him a hard time?" - 2219 UTC
mention of (the island of) Curacao (one of the "ABC islands" located just off the cost of Venezuela) - 2219 UTC
"7963" "63.0, no?" "oh my, come on mon" - 2220 UTC
"keep in touch now" - 2221 UTC
"alright now brotha" "catch you back in the morning man" "island standing by" "okay standing by" - 2221 UTC
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 2156 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m