We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: sold  (Read 3591 times)

Offline legis225

• View Profile
sold
« on: January 17, 2019, 0051 UTC »
In great working order with one small problem.  The battery compartment needs a little work with the connection to the main chassis.  My soldering skills are not what they once were so I would do it.  If you need a 2010 you can have this one at a bargain price.  $140 plus shipping.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 2248 UTC by legis225 »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Sony ICF 2010 for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 2010 UTC »
I'd love to have it, but my seizure meds make my hands shake to the point where soldering anything is a serious challenge. Good luck selling it, that's a helluva deal for someone with the skills.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 2123 UTC »
Goggle search is your friend for this fix....https://mattpilz.com/sony-icf-2010-radio/
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline legis225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 1634 UTC »
I know it’s an easy fix for someone with soldering skills.  I am not one of those persons.