We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: VE7KFM  (Read 20620 times)

Atherwellen

VE7KFM
« on: August 16, 2011, 0123 UTC »
I'm still new to the airwaves, so I don't know much of the history on VE7KFM, but I came across him on 20m tonight.  I was scanning around 20m thinking about trying to make some contacts when I began to see people posting on the DX Summit about VE7KFM hanging out on 14.313mhz USB.  There wasn't any music, but he sure sounded like someone going head on with the FCC. 

http://ve7kfm.com/ve7kfm.html

Maybe some people here have heard him before.  From that page there's a link to some audio files at the end of it.  It was a bit disturbing to hear but the first time I heard someone on the 20m amateur band taunting the FCC.  He kept identifying as UR1FAG.  People on the DX summit kept identifying him as VE7KFM though.  I see from the info in that link he has quite a history.  It reminded me a bit of Captain Ganja, but I don't mean any offence in saying that. 

cmradio

Re: VE7KFM
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 0501 UTC »
Whomever this person is, the address is fake. I've DX'd in Saanich and whomever they were, they were NOT anywhere near Vancouver Island.

Peace!

Offline Guise Faux

• Umbrage Island, Manitou Province, Canada
  • The Man Who Laughs
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Radio Paranoia
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 0647 UTC »
I'm still new to the airwaves, so I don't know much of the history on VE7KFM... hanging out on 14.313mhz USB.  There wasn't any music, but he sure sounded like someone going head on with the FCC... I see from the info in that link he has quite a history.

VE7KFM is only one of several hamster cannibals who are veterans of many years of skirmishing, formerly on 14275, lately back on 14313 (their old stomping grounds).

The website ve7kfm.com is not owned by its namesake.  A few of the veterans of those radio wars own websites or blogs bearing the names or call signs of their favourite nemesis.  It's just the online manifestation of their on-air sparring sessions.

It's difficult to summarize the extent of those skirmishes or to catalog all of the participants, other than to say it is god tier radio trolling and often hilarious... if you have a twisted sense of humour.  I don't have a pony in that race so I just listen for the entertaining free-form riffing and ripping.  And keep in mind that some of what you'll hear is pre-recorded, remixed and replayed.

As it is written in "Our Code" from the 1937 American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Handbook, a creed for all amateurs:
  • I - The Amateur is Gentlemanly - He never knowlingly uses the air for his own amusement in such a way as to lesson the pleasure of others (else he progress directly to VII of Our Code).

II - The Amateur is Loyal - He owes his Amateur Radio to the American Radio Relay League, and he offers it his unswerving loyalty.

III - The Amateur is Progressive - He keeps his station abreast of science. It is built well and efficiently. His operating practice is clean and regular.

IV - The Amateur is Friendly - Slow and patient sending, when requested. friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance and co-operation for the broadcast listener - these are the marks of the amateur spirit.

V - The Amateur is Balanced - Radio is his hobby. He never allows it to interfere with any of the duties he owes to his home, his job, his school or his community.

VI - The Amateur is Patriotic - His knowledge and his station are always ready for the service of his country and his community.

VII - The Amateur is a Pilgrim in a Divine Comedy - His Sixth Circle of Hell shall be named 14313 and this is where radio virgins go to lose their cherries.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 0650 UTC by Guise Faux »

Offline CDN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 2245 UTC »
I'm still new to the airwaves..., but I came across him on 20m tonight.  I was scanning around 20m... when I began to see people posting on the DX Summit about VE7KFM hanging out on 14.313mhz USB....  

Maybe some people here have heard him before.  From that page there's a link to some audio files at the end of it.  It was a bit disturbing to hear but the first time I heard someone on the 20m amateur band taunting the FCC.  He kept identifying as UR1FAG.  People on the DX summit kept identifying him as VE7KFM though....  

Atherwellen

Since you’re apparently “still new to the airwaves” and might also be a Canadian, I’ll be gentle with you this time, despite your inappropriate, gratuitous attack on a fellow Canadian [licenced as VE7KFM].  

BTW Before going further, I strongly suggest that you at least review the 1st sentence of this Forum’s Terms of Use….

Addressing your OP from the top:

Are you sure that you heard VE7KFM ‘in the flesh’, so to speak and not copied/sliced/diced/digitally reconstituted “Memorex” being re-broadcast on 14.313 MHz as often now happens?  

The reason I say that is because VE7KFM is seldom heard generally on 14.313 MHz and virtually NEVER ab initio calling ANYONE there.  FYI VE7KFM has an abiding interest 40 kHz down on the 20m Band.  For the reasons why, either carefully monitor the frequency range ~14.272-.274 MHz or peruse:

http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/riley.html

The occasional time when VE7KFM is heard on 14.313 MHz it’s usually either after being DIRECTLY called thereon by 1-3 specific US amateurs -- or occasionally replying to their CQs -- but typically only if they have no other takers and/or are being maliciously QRM’ed, which unfortunately happens quite often to them there….

And BTW what do clearly psychotic postings about VE7KFM on the World-Wide-Wasteland supposedly “hanging out” on 14.313 MHz have to do with your “scanning” on the RADIO?  Do you always get your monitoring info. -- including sliced/diced/digitally reconstituted audio info. completely out of its all-important context -- from ANONymous, UNattributed, CLOAKED and fundamentally FRAUDulent websites?  That’s NOT very logical -- or Canadian of you!

Also, what’s this about VE7KFM supposedly “taunting the FCC”?  I understand that as a Canadian, VE7KFM couldn’t give a damn about the corrupt/discredited FCC….

And as far as VE7KFM supposedly ID’ing as UR1FAG while others so conveniently correlate that with VE7KFM…. All I can say is that I have monitored [as opposed to your “scanned”] 14.313 MHz and elsewhere, for years and UNLIKE many of the criminals now again resident on 14.313 MHz, I have NEVER heard VE7KFM identify as ANYONE other than himself.

All of which and more makes me think that instead of being IN Windsor, you’re likely looking AT Windsor, with all that implies….

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 2255 UTC by CDN »

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 2353 UTC »
Ah, yes, yet another endearing personality shows up at HFU. Try to control your enthusiasm, eh bud?

I'm still new to the airwaves..., but I came across him on 20m tonight.  I was scanning around 20m... when I began to see people posting on the DX Summit about VE7KFM hanging out on 14.313mhz USB....  

Maybe some people here have heard him before.  From that page there's a link to some audio files at the end of it.  It was a bit disturbing to hear but the first time I heard someone on the 20m amateur band taunting the FCC.  He kept identifying as UR1FAG.  People on the DX summit kept identifying him as VE7KFM though....  

Atherwellen

Since you’re apparently “still new to the airwaves” and might also be a Canadian, I’ll be gentle with you this time, despite your inappropriate, gratuitous attack on a fellow Canadian [licenced as VE7KFM].  

BTW Before going further, I strongly suggest that you at least review the 1st sentence of this Forum’s Terms of Use….

Addressing your OP from the top:

Are you sure that you heard VE7KFM ‘in the flesh’, so to speak and not copied/sliced/diced/digitally reconstituted “Memorex” being re-broadcast on 14.313 MHz as often now happens?  

The reason I say that is because VE7KFM is seldom heard generally on 14.313 MHz and virtually NEVER ab initio calling ANYONE there.  FYI VE7KFM has an abiding interest 40 kHz down on the 20m Band.  For the reasons why, either carefully monitor the frequency range ~14.272-.274 MHz or peruse:

http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/riley.html

The occasional time when VE7KFM is heard on 14.313 MHz it’s usually either after being DIRECTLY called thereon by 1-3 specific US amateurs -- or occasionally replying to their CQs -- but typically only if they have no other takers and/or are being maliciously QRM’ed, which unfortunately happens quite often to them there….

And BTW what do clearly psychotic postings about VE7KFM on the World-Wide-Wasteland supposedly “hanging out” on 14.313 MHz have to do with your “scanning” on the RADIO?  Do you always get your monitoring info. -- including sliced/diced/digitally reconstituted audio info. completely out of its all-important context -- from ANONymous, UNattributed, CLOAKED and fundamentally FRAUDulent websites?  That’s NOT very logical -- or Canadian of you!

Also, what’s this about VE7KFM supposedly “taunting the FCC”?  I understand that as a Canadian, VE7KFM couldn’t give a damn about the corrupt/discredited FCC….

And as far as VE7KFM supposedly ID’ing as UR1FAG while others so conveniently correlate that with VE7KFM…. All I can say is that I have monitored [as opposed to your “scanned”] 14.313 MHz and elsewhere, for years and UNLIKE many of the criminals now again resident on 14.313 MHz, I have NEVER heard VE7KFM identify as ANYONE other than himself.

All of which and more makes me think that instead of being IN Windsor, you’re likely looking AT Windsor, with all that implies….

Atherwellen

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 0357 UTC »
I would appreciate it if a forum moderator could delete this post for me then.  I couldn't find a way to delete the whole post.  Seems I didn't know what I was talking about.  So feel free to remove this post from your forum.  I was mainly posting here to learn more about this 'person' I heard not to tell anyone who they were. I see now the call sign comes up with their name, when last night it didn't so it's all confusing to me. 

Fansome

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 0422 UTC »
I can't speak for the forum administrator, but this idiot should be ignored; he is a troll. Your posts were just fine, and I would bet that this guy won't be back.

This ain't the FRN, and there's no reason to let someone with manufactured outrage to drive you away.

I would appreciate it if a forum moderator could delete this post for me then.  I couldn't find a way to delete the whole post.  Seems I didn't know what I was talking about.  So feel free to remove this post from your forum.  I was mainly posting here to learn more about this 'person' I heard not to tell anyone who they were. I see now the call sign comes up with their name, when last night it didn't so it's all confusing to me. 

Offline corq

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 6176320
    • AOL Instant Messenger - uncorq
    • View Profile
    • corq dot co
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 1522 UTC »
Atherwellen, as Fansome mentioned, I think your post was certainly valid and please disregard the negativity directed at you above, by CDN, who I might add,  shows up here with only 1 other HFU posting to his own credit and a "Newbie" ranking, so don't his comments too personally.

As Guise mentioned, what you heard was likely the Hamsters who are often up to no good, in that vicinity. There's a long history.

There's a bit of controversy going on in the ham and pirate sphere these days, so we anticipate the occasional bad actors stirring things up, don't let yourself be intimidated. Depending on your registration status, you may not be able to modify or delete the post yet, but I'd encourage you not to worry about your post just now; you were asking out loud,  which we encourage.
Icom IC-705/AirSpyHF+ Discovery via GR5V
QTH: KMCO
plz qsl: corqpub ~at~ gmail.com
Captures posted to: http://youtube.com/uncorq
Kicks, Screams and Other Heresies: http://corq.co

Offline CDN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 1806 UTC »
I would appreciate it if a forum moderator could delete this post for me then.  I couldn't find a way to delete the whole post.  Seems I didn't know what I was talking about.  So feel free to remove this post from your forum.  I was mainly posting here to learn more about this 'person' I heard not to tell anyone who they were. I see now the call sign comes up with their name, when last night it didn't so it's all confusing to me.  

Atherwellen

Thank you for your admissions against interest.

For what it’s worth, I’m ambivalent about whether or not you delete your OP and your subsequent comments in a similar vein.

Perhaps a better approach in the circumstances might be to ask the Mods to enable you to edit your posts, so as to bring them closer to the objective truth(s).  But, I’m a ‘Newbie’ here and no compu-geek, so I don’t know how feasible that is.

Since you are likely younger/less experienced/etc., allow me to make some critical CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions, should you choose/be able to edit your OP/subsequent posts and/or generally otherwise for the future….

Always keep the distinction between OPINIONS & FACTS CLEARLY in mind when writing/editing.  And remember that there is no good writing – only good re-writing.

Most people and especially posters from the US on the World-Wide-Wasteland these days, think that they’re entitled to their OPINION, no matter what.  That is NOT so!  What they are entitled to is an INFORMED OPINION….  

So, what is an INFORMED OPINION?  Why, one ultimately based on objectively verifiable FACTS, which should be set out in the piece.

And what about FACTS?  FACTS are SACROSANCT, in that they belong to the World and are NOT to be monkeyed with!

And what about ‘supposed facts’ proffered by an ANONymous, UNattributed, CLOAKED and fundamentally FRAUDulent website hosted from afar?  Or, some DX Clusters, again from afar, full of psychotic ANONymous/FRAUDulent one-liners [search for the latest on your VE7KFM on http://www.dxsummit.fi/Search.aspx]?  They and similar ANONymous ‘writings from the edge’ should be your 1st clue that you’re on VERY thin ice, if you even partially rely on them….

Speaking of thin ice, remember also that generally presenting OPINION as FACT – and especially derogatory ‘facts’ that are untrue about anyone -- is actionable in defamation law [in Canada you have to prove the untrue ‘facts’ in order to have a chance at escaping liability]….

73 & GL
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 1809 UTC by CDN »

Fansome

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 2018 UTC »
Carl J. Lydick, is that you? I thought you died years ago! It's me, your old buddy Al! You haven't changed a bit!

I would appreciate it if a forum moderator could delete this post for me then.  I couldn't find a way to delete the whole post.  Seems I didn't know what I was talking about.  So feel free to remove this post from your forum.  I was mainly posting here to learn more about this 'person' I heard not to tell anyone who they were. I see now the call sign comes up with their name, when last night it didn't so it's all confusing to me.  

Atherwellen

Thank you for your admissions against interest.

For what it’s worth, I’m ambivalent about whether or not you delete your OP and your subsequent comments in a similar vein.

Perhaps a better approach in the circumstances might be to ask the Mods to enable you to edit your posts, so as to bring them closer to the objective truth(s).  But, I’m a ‘Newbie’ here and no compu-geek, so I don’t know how feasible that is.

Since you are likely younger/less experienced/etc., allow me to make some critical CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions, should you choose/be able to edit your OP/subsequent posts and/or generally otherwise for the future….

Always keep the distinction between OPINIONS & FACTS CLEARLY in mind when writing/editing.  And remember that there is no good writing – only good re-writing.

Most people and especially posters from the US on the World-Wide-Wasteland these days, think that they’re entitled to their OPINION, no matter what.  That is NOT so!  What they are entitled to is an INFORMED OPINION….  

So, what is an INFORMED OPINION?  Why, one ultimately based on objectively verifiable FACTS, which should be set out in the piece.

And what about FACTS?  FACTS are SACROSANCT, in that they belong to the World and are NOT to be monkeyed with!

And what about ‘supposed facts’ proffered by an ANONymous, UNattributed, CLOAKED and fundamentally FRAUDulent website hosted from afar?  Or, some DX Clusters, again from afar, full of psychotic ANONymous/FRAUDulent one-liners [search for the latest on your VE7KFM on http://www.dxsummit.fi/Search.aspx]?  They and similar ANONymous ‘writings from the edge’ should be your 1st clue that you’re on VERY thin ice, if you even partially rely on them….

Speaking of thin ice, remember also that generally presenting OPINION as FACT – and especially derogatory ‘facts’ that are untrue about anyone -- is actionable in defamation law [in Canada you have to prove the untrue ‘facts’ in order to have a chance at escaping liability]….

73 & GL

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 1204 UTC »
I'm still new to the airwaves, so I don't know much of the history on VE7KFM,

Consider yourself lucky.

He's one of the roaches of ham radio, who having tired of feeling accomplished by pulling wings off flies, now does what he does in order to get attention...

/S
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns