We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Polish Civil Defense 3347,9 USB 1238 UTC 24 Jan 2019  (Read 1093 times)

Online kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Polish Civil Defense 3347,9 USB 1238 UTC 24 Jan 2019
« on: January 26, 2019, 2325 UTC »
   Once again, I managed to hit the Polish Civil Defense service. Although we have cellular networks, internet and VHF connectivity on a daily basis, they still use HF.
From 1238 UTC to 1356, one-way messages were broadcast at intervals of around 5 minutes. The structure of messages and used vocabulary were characteristic for the civil defense service.
The leader began each message with the words: uwaga tu Lajkonik tu Lajkonik,
then gave twice the message, for example:
- brzoza czajka fala 3311 - magneto tarka tęcza - alfa alfa drzewo  -  krzak fala 2308 - siarka fala 3311
and so on.
1356 was the last message, this time it did not give information about "the end of the exercise".
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 1957 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: Polish Civl Defense 3347,9 USB 1238 UTC 24 Jan 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 1546 UTC »
Glad to hear the Poles are still using HF for civil defense/emergency management.  Similar frequency choice to the US networks I'm familiar with - 3347.9 kHz USB, a frequency in the 2-5 MHz region for regional MF/HF communications

American emergency management (civil defense) agencies do the same thing, despite Internet connectivity, dedicated secure landline telephone networks and VHF/UHF radio networks, they still do weekly HF radio nets and use HF radio heavily during emergencies.  FEMA, along with several other government agencies, have weekly nets on several frequencies as part of the SECURE network.

These networks include heavy use of the lower frequencies, including 2/3 MHz for the Operation SECURE emergency management/civil defense MF-SSB/HF-SSB radio network.

https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/index.php/SHARES

https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/index.php/SECURE
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 1559 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Online kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 2222 UTC »
FEMA, along with several other government agencies, have weekly nets on several frequencies as part of the SECURE network.

These networks include heavy use of the lower frequencies, including 2/3 MHz for the Operation SECURE emergency management/civil defense MF-SSB/HF-SSB radio network.
    Hello  - Thank you for broadening the topic. For now I have not been able to determine some regularity of broadcasting, but what you have written gives me to think.   
 Like bandplane SECURE HF network, I found channel 5140 and described in my previous thread.
Perhaps we are approaching NATO procedures?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 2237 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 1807 UTC »
5410 kHz USB is used as an inter-state coordination frequency for emergency management/disaster response purposes in the USA, shared with NATO I would imagine.  It's used for regional communication within the USA as far as the SECURE network goes.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns