We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: What Happened To Radio AND “Liberal Talk” Radio?  (Read 4087 times)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
What Happened To Radio AND “Liberal Talk” Radio?
« on: February 09, 2019, 2121 UTC »
Listen to Norm's five-part series from January 2014

https://www.normangoldman.com/

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened To Radio AND “Liberal Talk” Radio?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 2055 UTC »
I suspect justice was served on cuck radio.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 2126 UTC »
"It's duller than donkey basketball" as a PSA of the time said about High Blood Pressure. "Air America" had one good host, whose name I can't recall, and a bunch of TV talent out of their league and format. They seemed to forget the fact you can't see good looking on the radio.

I was on the road a lot in those days. I tried to listen to it, but I didn't want to fall asleep at the wheel listening to "AA". It was the local and regional sports howlers for me. Where else can you hear former UK basketball coach Joe B. Hall ask his former rival Denny Crum if they'd spot any moose at a coaches gathering at a lodge in mountains above Palm Springs?

That's real radio, untrained boneheaded announcers and no script to reign 'em in.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 2133 UTC »
Can't find anything on "cuck radio", must be a inside joke?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 0935 UTC »
I think he meant "Kook" radio. That would be Rush and the rest of the Lost Boys. Half of them couldn't stand Trump until he was elected, now he's their dream date.

Do any of you guys remember a radio/TV talker named Wally George in the Los Angeles market ? There was a right wing shouter deluxe. None of today's milquetoast right winger talkers would qualify to be Wally's break-time froth wipers. "Wife-Beating" Bob Dornan would piss himself when he saw Wally coming down the sidewalk. "Orange County ain't big enough for the both of us, Dornan.", Wally would say, and the Trump water would flow on the sidewalks from Dornan.

Wally had the power to make Rev. Gene Scott say, "That SOB is crazier than I am!" and scared Manson into the desert. Wally was a force of nature.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 2133 UTC »
The demise of cuck radio is largely exaggerated in cuck circles, npr is and always has been cuck radio.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 2135 UTC by Josh »

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 2304 UTC »

The series barely mentioned NPR. It was mainly about how corporate control, right wing blowhards like Fat Limbaugh, and crap that they think is music like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga ruined radio.

Want to listen to some grownup music?

http://74.50.122.103:9748

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 0103 UTC »
Something else I wish I could unknow...    :(

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 2126 UTC »
The term existed before the kkk and nazis but is used today to denote those who, for example, betray their country by demanding unsecured borders, as well as in the traditional sense of cuckoldry, soy boys, etc.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Fansome

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 2303 UTC »
Yes, I recall ol' Wally, sort of the reincarnation of Joe Pyne. Wally's show was a hoot, and great entertainment after a six-pack of Green Death. He was on channel 56, I believe, an obscure UHF station in Orange County back in the days when UHF TV was as obscure as it got.

Did you know that his daughter is Rebecca De Mornay?

I think he meant "Kook" radio. That would be Rush and the rest of the Lost Boys. Half of them couldn't stand Trump until he was elected, now he's their dream date.

Do any of you guys remember a radio/TV talker named Wally George in the Los Angeles market ? There was a right wing shouter deluxe. None of today's milquetoast right winger talkers would qualify to be Wally's break-time froth wipers. "Wife-Beating" Bob Dornan would piss himself when he saw Wally coming down the sidewalk. "Orange County ain't big enough for the both of us, Dornan.", Wally would say, and the Trump water would flow on the sidewalks from Dornan.

Wally had the power to make Rev. Gene Scott say, "That SOB is crazier than I am!" and scared Manson into the desert. Wally was a force of nature.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 2341 UTC »
Teabagger was a good one. Who else creates an insult for themselves?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 0106 UTC »
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/soy-boy-insult-what-is-definition-far-right-men-masculinity-women-a8027816.html

"“The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as ‘Nazis’.”"

nailed it

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 0533 UTC »
Yes, I recall ol' Wally, sort of the reincarnation of Joe Pyne. Wally's show was a hoot, and great entertainment after a six-pack of Green Death. He was on channel 56, I believe, an obscure UHF station in Orange County back in the days when UHF TV was as obscure as it got.

Did you know that his daughter is Rebecca De Mornay?

No I didn't, Al. She was probably doing commercials the last time I saw Wally.

When Alan Thicke's late night talk show was tanking in the early 80's, he'd have his buddy Wally on about once a week to boost ratings. Wally would rip into Thicke and away they'd go. It didn't save the show, but it was fun to watch.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns