We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Channel Z contest repeat, 6925 AM  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Channel Z contest repeat, 6925 AM
« on: September 15, 2008, 0752 UTC »
(See 9/9/08 and related entries.  Apparently these are repeats of pre-recorded shows, not a reprise with live announcements, as I had incorrectly stated in earlier log.)
Channel Z on 6925.1 AM, B-52's "Channel Z" song, operator with announcement of contest challenging listeners to name songs from all-instrumental segment, QSLs via mail drop only.  Very enjoyable theme for this hour-long show.  Channel Z op has asked me via e-mail not to mention too many specifics in the interest of encouraging listeners to tune in rather than rely on logs for clues.  Best signal so far this week from Channel Z for this contest show, SINPO - 33232, heavy static crashes, some Pesque QRM from around 6925.5 USB on and off this evening, occasional OTHR burst. Good audio quality helped in recognizing tunes.  (N. Central TX - Palstar R30C with 25' outdoor random wire, best in USB due to static crashes tho' clear in AM mode too.)
12 minute audio clip from opening segment, reveals only first song: http://www.mediafire.com/?qyinuuamlqj
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)