We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: New steakhouse chain  (Read 4014 times)

Fansome

New steakhouse chain
« on: February 20, 2019, 2241 UTC »
I read that Outback Steakhouse and Texas Roadhouse are going to merge. The new chain will be known as "Texas Outhouse". I see some mighty fine eating ahead!

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New steakhouse chain
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 0001 UTC »
I guess this brings some new meaning to the old tradition of "outhouse tipping".
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 0006 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 1504 UTC »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 2143 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 1654 UTC »
All I can think is Creutzfeldt disease.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 1957 UTC »
You better not be eating your squirrel brains mixed in with your scrambled eggs, Josh. Creutzfeldt- Jackobs is common in your area and carried by squirrels. The mid-Ohio river drainage and the Upland South are the heartland of squirrel hunting country and the disease.

It can take decades for it to hit you and is much more common in women than in men. Women used to regard the brains as a delicacy, but since the word started getting out in the late 80's, they're discarded. A great-Aunt by marriage died from it, the last two decades of her life were brutal.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 2024 UTC »
I guess this brings some new meaning to the old tradition of "outhouse tipping".

It's a simple, but effective means for boys to get back at cops and carnies.

A carny was fool enough to leave my cousin Jake and I hanging upside down on top of double Ferris wheel for about a half hour while he swept up our loot and went off to eat. He came back to let us out after we raised Hell from above. He wouldn't give us our money back, or our change that had dropped. We we were seething.

A couple of days later we were over there on a busy night keeping an eye on him. He goes in the port-a-jon. I said "Lock it from the outside, Jake, I'm pushin' this SOB over." He uttered words from inside I'd never heard before while the people outside were howling.

We ran all the way to my Aunt's house imagining him bobbing for turds.

White Castle Slider's were widely known as "Squirtburgers". A term coined by the franchise owners son, no less.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 2147 UTC »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 1713 UTC »
You better not be eating your squirrel brains mixed in with your scrambled eggs, Josh. Creutzfeldt- Jackobs is common in your area and carried by squirrels. The mid-Ohio river drainage and the Upland South are the heartland of squirrel hunting country and the disease.

It can take decades for it to hit you and is much more common in women than in men. Women used to regard the brains as a delicacy, but since the word started getting out in the late 80's, they're discarded. A great-Aunt by marriage died from it, the last two decades of her life were brutal.

Only had squrel once that I'm certain of, back in 89 when I was in law enforcement. A fellow officer was an avid hunter and brought some bbq tree rat in for lunch one day and handed me a tiny leg. I said wtf is this and he said squirrel, so I tried it, dry and not very filling, kinda like a tiny chikin wing. His deer jerky was way better. But closer to topic, them prions are mfers.

From liquid burials to corpse compost: the eco-innovators finding new ways to dispose of the dead
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 1716 UTC by Josh »

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 2326 UTC »
I'm guessing that there was supposed to be a link in that last comment. Or perhaps it was just to see who can google fu with the google fooeyest.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/dec/18/body-talk-crowded-field-of-innovators-competing-for-your-corpse
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 1819 UTC »
Yeah thanks mdk, was trying to find a link to the story, some larger cities have come up with an idea to liquefy their elders in situ and slurry them into the mini parks and gardens to sustain future generations.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 1550 UTC »
Yeah thanks mdk, was trying to find a link to the story, some larger cities have come up with an idea to liquefy their elders in situ and slurry them into the mini parks and gardens to sustain future generations.

I can handle going out that way.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 0246 UTC »
I suppose you children have never heard the stories of the "Ryan's Steakhouse Incident", or the "Refried Beans of Taco John's"?

This is part of a multi-decadal plan by the Evil Radio Bob to destroy pirate radio. Just ask Pat Murphy.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 2103 UTC »
Wish there was a taco johns round these parts.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 2236 UTC »
Wish there was a taco johns round these parts.

Not if you knew what the cook was doing in the refried beans.

That damned Alan Maxwell had to tell me that  back in the aughts. We were talking about cheap eats in the Midwest. I always hit the one down the road from my sisters subdivision before heading home. Not after that.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns