We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A single FREQ radio donation perk? But what really is it?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
LPFM station WTSQ-LP 88.1FM Charleston, WV, USA, wtsq.org , is doing their annual fund drive and offering perks. But, check out this perk! A single FM FREQ radio set to RX only 88.1MHz. Is this a regenerative receiver? Scroll down from this link to check out this perk.   https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wtsq-88-1-fm-charleston-wv-annual-fundraiser-2019#/
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
The Public Radio,    https://www.thepublicrad.io/    I may go e-mail them to inquire what these really are.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
Re: A single FREQ radio donation perk? But what really is it?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 2134 UTC »
Probably based on a TDA7000 chip.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 0039 UTC »
Its not really a single frequency radio since it can be tuned, even though the tuning is a bit inconvenient.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 1926 UTC »
When do they start giving away the radios that only get 9330Khz ?    ;D

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 1639 UTC »
That mason jar "public radio" looks like a terrific way to compete with smart speakers. Hopefully it sounds as good.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).