We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke’s secret membership in America’s oldest hacking group  (Read 2484 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
So hes's father of a generation of script kids. I'm ashamed for him.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
"When Dad bought an Apple IIe and a 300-baud modem and I started to get on boards, it was the Facebook of its day,” he said. “You just wanted to be part of a community."

My parents bought an Apple ][+ and a 1200 bps modem. I still have both. Also dialed into the BBSes. Can't say it was the "Facebook of its day" and I can absolutely say that I did it to "just be a part of a community."  What a loser. And I also never stole from the phone company. The phone cops are not to be trifled with.

There is no indication that O’Rourke ever engaged in the edgiest sorts of hacking activity, such as breaking into computers or writing code that enabled others to do so.

Yet.

What if there is something, and that is being held back until he's in office. Could that be used against him for blackmail? With him in a position of power, that could be bad, very bad. In the dark world, one may be eaten by a grue.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
What if he did 1/10th of what we now know Trump did? That would be very bad!

Anyway, we don't have to use other peoples credit card numbers anymore. Now we just clone the MAC address of out WiFi and nobody gets hurt. I wonder why there isn't much on Youtube about that?

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
I have always been a fan of the Cult of the Dead Cow, much more so than the group Anonymous. I've not paid much attention to Beto, but having both punk rock and hacker cred is OK in my book.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Will he acquire access to "that data center in Utah?"
Minneapolis, MN

Fansome

I wonder if he'll show up at DEFCON this year...

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Just give him the key's to HAARP, Al. He'll have them back after he creates rug and comb-over removing winds in 2020.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Once his forum posts about fantasizing running children over as well as his criminal record come out, he might be a bit easier for Trump to beat. That being said, these personality characteristics just might be requisite for those who wish to wield power in dc.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
He's INSANE !   #TFA !

Trump Reverses North Korea Sanctions That U.S. Imposed Yesterday

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/world/asia/north-korea-sanctions.html

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
He's INSANE !   #TFA !

Trump Reverses North Korea Sanctions That U.S. Imposed Yesterday

This way when Trump orders the attack on PyongPyang he can shrug and tell the world he tried the nice way first.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/world/asia/north-korea-sanctions.html

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
That would go well with Trump's base, Seoul South Korea not so much.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
The Firesign Theater had a perennial Presidential candidate named George Papoon. His campaign slogan? "Not Insane!"

That's more than Trump has proven to be. And George was fictional.