We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Amateur radio discussion board  (Read 769 times)

Matt285

Amateur radio discussion board
« on: March 21, 2019, 1555 UTC »
I spoke to Chris S in regards to having a board for posting ham radio reports and general discussion since I know there are quite a few operators that frequent the site. I will start out by kind of introducing myself. My name is Matt and I live in central Florida. When not listening to shortwave I enjoy operating HF 10-80m,typically CW about seventy percent of the time and SSB the other portion. I spend most of my time between 20,40,17 meters and particularly 30m when it's open for DX. My current set up is an ICOM 718,LDG pro tuner, OCF, dipole at 40' running 100 watts. I also operate QRP portable at times with my Hendricks PFR-3 . I would love to have regular interaction with other hams in regards to contacts, propagation, upcoming contest, DXpeditions, antennas and just sharing contacts we've made regardless if it DX or not. Any bands between 2m and 160 meters. Let me know what you guys think and please share.

Matt285

Re: Amateur radio discussion board
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 1559 UTC »
My apologies. Chris set up an area while I was typing. I will forward this to the new category. Thanks again Chris!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns