We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FLDIGI question re automatic, timed transmissions  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
FLDIGI question re automatic, timed transmissions
« on: March 23, 2019, 0350 UTC »
I use WSJT-X for WSPR transmissions and I like the way that it automatically transmits, stops for a timed interval, then transmits again.

Question: Is there any way that FLDIGI can be set up so that it will transmit automatically? (I'm wanting to use FLDIGI to send a CW signal at a timed interval).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've searched online and cannot find any source that discusses this question.

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
Re: FLDIGI question re automatic, timed transmissions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 2044 UTC »
OK, I finally figured out how to do this! To set up a timed transmission, do the following:

In FLDIGI, right click on a macro button, then paste the text you see below. Note that the "60" is the amount of time in seconds between transmissions and you can set it to any value that you want:

<TX>

<TIMER:60>

(Insert your transmission text here)

<RX>

Once you click on the finished macro, the transmission will automatically transmit every 60 seconds, hands-free.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 2049 UTC by Strange Beacons »