We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Icom IC-735 Transceiver For Sale  (Read 5473 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Icom IC-735 Transceiver For Sale
« on: March 28, 2019, 2057 UTC »
Includes the microphone and DC power cord. I bought this rig used a number of years ago, it's got a fair number of scuffs and such as the photos show, a few of the screws are replacements, as-is and as shown. Receives and transmits, I was using it on 14230 USB SSTV the other week, but it is probably in need of a calibration, I know it runs off about 150 Hz.  Asking $275 plus shipping, CONUS only.

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Icom IC-735 Transceiver For Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 2118 UTC »
The 735 is an excellent rig, I had one an enjoyed every minute with it. One of the endearing features found on the 735 is the rit control is analog/linear, meaning instead of a 10Hz step as found in most every other rig of that era, you're "bending" a xtal. Great rig in a tiny package and this is a great price for one. If I didn't have Project 775 in the works I'd be jumping on this.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 1328 UTC »
Nice price. It's nearly identical in appearance to my 740. It's even got the same handy carrying strap for "portable use", lol.

Hey, they weighed about the same as many boomboxes of that era! That was portable enough for anyone!

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 1434 UTC »
The 735 is sold.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Beaner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 0151 UTC »
Now to find a place to put it  :o

Lots of rain here, so it waits