We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: GYA-Northwood UK 8040 USB (8038.1 USB as received) 2042 UTC 1 Apr 2019  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nice!  You should be able to get a nice RX of Chile & Hamburg if you're grabbing Northwood that well.  If you grab Chile please post a pic - I have never ever copied them without a slight "slant" of the entire fax.  I have tried everything & am convinced its on their end.  Also, I haven't heard Cape Naval in a few years though I try often.  Mornings, Australia & New Zealand are regulars.  Winter, Kodiak & Iqaluit are nice here.
Keep up the great work!
FPE
PS - if I can figure out how to post a pic I will (help?).
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks FPE! Chris Smolinski's app has an excellent slant and shift adjustment control. Have you tried signing up for a free imgur account? You can upload your pics there, the click on the pic after download. It brings up the pic in large view, then just click on the BB Code(message boards and forums) "COPY" option. Then you can paste the image in here! It doesn't take up space on the HFU server. Good luck!

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076633-Create-an-Account
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thx for the heads up on the pic posting.
I use an old school Universal M-8000 so no computer to allow an app but I'm sure they work great.
Thx again & have fun.
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Good luck on the imgur! Wow! I thought I was old school using an NRD-515! I remember looking at the prices on those weather fax decoders back in the 1980's and telling myself "No Way"! The Universal M-8000 are hard to come by these days!

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Skipmuck - I use an ipad - that's where I have pics of WEFAXES - is there any way to just paste a pic on this thread from the photos in my ipad?