We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 44% increase in heart disease risk for every 65g carbohydrates per day  (Read 1548 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6410335/

Increase in the risk of heart disease vs daily carbohydrate consumption. Once again, it's not fat that increases your risk of heart disease, it's carbs/sugar.

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Also, something apparently is causing the plaques and other undesirables to adhere to the artery walls in the first place.
I don't think this would be possible without the "catalyst" but must confess I'm not a research nerd, I just play one on teh innernets.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Also, something apparently is causing the plaques and other undesirables to adhere to the artery walls in the first place.
I don't think this would be possible without the "catalyst" but must confess I'm not a research nerd, I just play one on teh innernets.

Quite likely, it's the damaged (smaller) LDL cholesterol, damaged due to high insulin/carb levels. It all goes back to inflammation.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree