We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 9330 AM WBCQ Brother Scare 23:04 UTC April 6 2019  (Read 2138 times)

Offline shadypyro

• British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
9330 AM WBCQ Brother Scare 23:04 UTC April 6 2019
« on: April 06, 2019, 2305 UTC »
Sounds like a wild zoo going on with the moaning and groaning, and the piano music in the background. Wonder if it's live?
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: 9330 AM WBCQ Brother Scare 23:04 UTC April 6 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 0158 UTC »
These parts of the show always remind me of the Jonestown Massacre tape.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 1534 UTC »
It's obvious you two didn't grow up around Pentcostal's. Just a Friday night warm-up for the regular service.

I wonder if Brother Ralph is a Sunday Sabbath man or Saturday one? If it's the latter he needs to save that voice for the plate passing.

Offline shadypyro

• British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 2017 UTC »
And i just read there's a documentary about Craig Mack the rapper who spend time with the Overcomer Ministry that is coming out in a month or two..

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/ny-ent-craig-mack-documentary-one-year-after-death-20190312-story.html
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 1518 UTC »
A lot of people get dragged in by these cults. A friend's sister got snagged up by some outfit called "The Family". She calls about once a year, but none of them have seen her since shortly after she graduated from HS. That was roughly 1980.

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 1556 UTC »
The only thing we get this way is 24hrs of Jimmy Swaggart on channel-55 digital TV from Son Life Broadcasting network in Baton Rouge USA, good old Jimmy and the family sure know how to work a crowd.

Jimmy must be a fair old age now? Grandson Gabriel has inherited his grandpa's midus touch too, that lot must be worth quite a few million?  Wonder he's not on shortwave... 8)

Jimmy Jones and Guyana, gee that was a  long time back... ;D
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 1841 UTC »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 1847 UTC by East Troy Don »
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 0151 UTC »
Jimmy was something in his prime, hopping across a full sized stage on one foot, while thumping on an open Bible and talking in tongue's. You could tell he and Jerry Lee Lewis were apples from the same family stump.

My favorite was a character named Ernest Angley. Not only was he a hopping Bible thumper, he was a smack 'em on the forehead faith healer. He was great, he worked with three cameras. No matter which way he turned his toupe' stayed in the same position it was pointing when he walked on stage.

"Say Bay-bee!" was his healing line for the deaf after he knocked them to the floor with a restorative slap to the head.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 1657 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 1714 UTC »
you guys haven't covered Snake handling yet , maybe just an Appalachian remedy.
From wikipedia: "believers often seen with atrophied hands and missing fingers"

I remember Angly , I think used to be on UHF tv  . I don't think he was necessarily tall , or the podium was too tall
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 2229 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 1555 UTC »
Josh...good old Benny Hinn, draped in gold and mega dollar suits, not to mention that carefully groomed hair, not a strand out of place. He used be on Channel-10 Sydney in Australia around 0430am.  Always oozing with charisma, the type that would sell you a three legged race horse on the promise it would win the Grand National... 8)

Another floating down the rivers of gold along with the Swaggarts... ;D
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 0133 UTC »
Yeah, Pigmeat, Jerry Lee Lewis was something.   I saw him do a one and 1/2  hour show back in the mid-seventies at Summerfest in Milwaukee at the old outdoor main venue.   He took the stage at noon on  a sunlight Saturday looking disheveled, spent, dirty and displaying all the evidence of having painted whatever town he was in the night before, a brilliant red.    A bunch of us stayed at Summerfest all day long then returned at 7pm to see Elvin Bishop.   In staggers JLL to open the show, more disheveled,  more exhausted, more hung over and, if possible, even more unkempt.......and blew the crowd away.  Great times for us - not so much for Elvin Bishop.
JLL.... what a character !
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 1424 UTC »
Yeah, Pigmeat, Jerry Lee Lewis was something.   I saw him do a one and 1/2  hour show back in the mid-seventies at Summerfest in Milwaukee at the old outdoor main venue.   He took the stage at noon on  a sunlight Saturday looking disheveled, spent, dirty and displaying all the evidence of having painted whatever town he was in the night before, a brilliant red.    A bunch of us stayed at Summerfest all day long then returned at 7pm to see Elvin Bishop.   In staggers JLL to open the show, more disheveled,  more exhausted, more hung over and, if possible, even more unkempt.......and blew the crowd away.  Great times for us - not so much for Elvin Bishop.
JLL.... what a character !

Ahhh, Summerfest. 

The late, great Johnny Cash knew the value of bennies, dexies and "black beauties" when it came to doing a show after spending all night painting the town.  I imagine JLL did as well. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 1039 UTC »
Jerry Lee once attacked a man with a kids swimming pool while on a bender. He's had plenty of "Kodak Moments" in his life. Ramming the gates of Graceland with his Rolls Royce, waving a pistol, because Elvis' handlers were slow in letting him in was another highlight. (He totaled the car trying to knock down the gate.) I don't think Elvis was home at the time. It was just a few years before the Big "E" met his maker on the crapper.

Robbie Robertson told a tale about his stint with Ronnie Hawkins And The Hawks. Robertson is leaning up against the bus reading a book. Hawkins comes up yelling,"What the Hell do you think you're doin'?!" Robertson goes,"Reading a book." Hawkins blows with that, "Readin' a book? Readin' a book! This is Rock n' Roll boy, Rock n' Rollers don't read books, it's bad for the image! You'd never catch Jerry Lee Lewis readin' a book! Now get on that damn bus before somebody sees you with it!"

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns