We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Need help with dynamotor  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Telegrapher

• The Netherlands
  • UVB-76 bought me in the SWL'ing habit.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need help with dynamotor
« on: April 05, 2019, 2104 UTC »
Hello, I have a dynamotor thats isn’t running smooth like it used to be. I don’t know how to remove it from the cabinet. I’ve tried every screw on the outside of the panel but something is keeping it unable to pull out of the radio. If someone knows how to remove it or tips for repairing it let me know.

Here’s an overview below:

https://imgur.com/gallery/HneuwdG

Kind regards, Telegrapher

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with dynamotor
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 2238 UTC »

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

If you are looking for groovy images, visit our gallery!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Telegrapher

• The Netherlands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 2300 UTC »
The images don’t really show any kind of usefulness. The thing is when I my the radio on it’s left the motor starts running again. Then slowly turning it back to its main position the motor starts to stop slowly. Now it’s running with a lot of spark noise in the rf spectrum. Kinda like the same sound of putting 2 wires to each other ( - and + ) to create sparks which sound the same as the entire motor sounds at the moment for nearly two hours of operation. Maybe this old radio has seen its last days. Probably ending in the trash.

Offline radiogaga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 2309 UTC »

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 2321 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Telegrapher

• The Netherlands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 1355 UTC »
Its a old BC-348 receiver from Russia. I’ve unplugged the whole thing and it’s now in the corner of my shack till I find out when to repeat it. I probably bring it back to the guy I bought it from as he makes and collects old surplus radios since the end of the war. So I hand it over to him as he has all the knowledge of it. Once I’ve seen how he dismantled the radio then I can save it in my memory and do it by myself next time. The dynamotor needs to be cleaned with fresh grease after about 1000 hours of use. This thing has been silent for ages. Anyway it’s a nice lesson for me to learn about old radios. I hope I can do the work all on my own in the future when I am full of knowledge about circuitry and beyond. But for now I just need some practical viewing to see how it’s done. :)