We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Formats for outputting logs  (Read 751 times)

Offline franko

• View Profile
Formats for outputting logs
« on: April 10, 2019, 0031 UTC »
Recently I downloaded Amalgamated DGPS and registered. Overall it's going well, but I'm trying to figure out a couple of things on outputting logs.

First, the logs I see posted in this forum appear to be exported using the Edit > Copy Formatted Text command (Cmd-T or Ctrl-T). Is that the best way to do that? The output created with the File > Save Tab Delimited option is similar, but includes an extra field for last decode. Also, for some reason when I output a file with the Save Tab Delimited Option, each line appears twice in a row. Is that a glitch, or is there a reason for that?

Second, I've also seen logs posted in the following format:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YYYY-MM-DD UTC kHz ID km Location
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20190331 11:05 286.0 #879 7662 Upolu Point, Hi, Hawaii
20190331 05:02 297.5 #360 6429 Cabo de la Nao, Spain
20190331 06:54 302.0 #359 6415 Cabo de Palos, Spain
20190331 10:39 313.0 #897 5545 Kodiak, AK, Alaska

I think I saw a message from someone somewhere that referred to this as being an option available when Amagamated DGPS is registered. However, I'm not finding such an option after entering my registration code. Is there an option somewhere for this?

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: Formats for outputting logs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 0045 UTC »
Hi franko,

I use the Copy Formatted Text option (and I have a registered copy) and I sort by distance. Is it the best? Its the way I've been doing it since I started posting and I'm happy with it. I also take a screenshot of the graphing window (maximized it on my screen), upload to Imgur, and put a link in the post. The text & the graphic displays give different information.

I do not recognize the format that you posted.

As an aside, what I also do that isn't seen here is that I wrote a program to read the decode files from ADGPS then shove them into a PostgreSQL DB. Been doing that since Nov 2016 and now up to 366,819,132 unique timestamps (each timestamp plus a multiplier will define 1-4 decodes per second per station). What do I do with the data? Not much yet except store it. Someday I want to get around to analyzing it and making fun graphs. But that day has not yet arrived.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 0941 UTC »
You can get that format by selecting Export to RNA/REU/RWW from the File menu or RNA/REU/RWW to Clipboard from the Edit menu.

It's in beta version 1.2.0b9 available at the bottom of the program webpage http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/dgps_decoding_software_sdr.html
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 1117 UTC »
You can get that format by selecting Export to RNA/REU/RWW from the File menu or RNA/REU/RWW to Clipboard from the Edit menu.

It's in beta version 1.2.0b9 available at the bottom of the program webpage http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/dgps_decoding_software_sdr.html

I guess that's why I don't see it since I'm still using 1.1.0. I'll try 1.2.0b9.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline franko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 1900 UTC »
Thanks!