We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WTF is a BTS  (Read 1282 times)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
WTF is a BTS
« on: April 14, 2019, 1349 UTC »
Was looking for a SNL download this morning and I came across this on youtube:

https://youtu.be/jSFIwS2b-kg

First reaction: LMAO ! ! !

Second reaction: "am I stoned" ? ? ?

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTF is a BTS
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 1704 UTC »
JimIO, I had no idea either, I guess I am officially too old for K-POP...https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a27140034/bts-snl-k-pop/
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 1941 UTC »
In the US we have disney to thank for fabricating multiple pop stars on a timely basis, in Japan and South Korea the entire countries are involved in pop star fabrication.

That being said, I really like this one;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_myEr6umKO4
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 1945 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 2343 UTC »
SNL is the only OTA TV show that I still watch (but not OTA). Looks like they are trying to appeal to the demo. that plays video games and pays for music and video streaming because that's where the money is. Only 3 more shows this season...

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 0923 UTC »
Yep. A friend has a 15 year old who loves to listen to this kind of stuff for crapping it up with his buddies in his band.

One of the guys in the band lost a nut in an accident last summer. His Dad and I tell them they should call themselves "One Nut Chuck & the K-Tones".

As long as the girls like it, they'll play it. If she likes it, you like it. It's the first rule a player of any kind learns.

Do you think those rough greasers playing R&R in the States would have been caught with longish hair before the Beatles hit NYC? That they switched to the look and sound because they liked it? No! Joe looked at Jimmy and said, "Let's get to the barbershop, get these DA's turned into bowl cuts and learn those simple tunes! There's poontang in that music!"

And that's how the 60's were born. Moe Howard haircuts and poor imitations of Little Richard's "Whooo's!"