We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Re: Reflections Europe 6295 AM 1459 utc 24 apr 2019  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reflections Europe 6295 AM 1459 utc 24 apr 2019
« on: April 26, 2019, 0501 UTC »
http://wmrscotland.com/wmr_history_part_2.html
http://radiofax.org
http://www.conceptnews.org/stella.html

Reflections Europe was relayed from Donegal from the same site as my station, Eadio Stella, was.
The relays of R E were organized by Radio Fax.
The relays of  my station were organized by me.
The relayer was paid by both Radio Fax and by me, separately from one another.
The transmitter room used to contain 7 rigs in all, and there was a time when they were all active simultaneously. The thicker coax in the photo was used for Radio Fax's rigs.
R E was broadcast from Donegal on 12255 kilocycles//6205 kilocycles//3910 kilocycles back in the day.

The 48 meter outlet was claimed to be 1 KW.
12255 was claimed to be 0.2 KW.
3910 was claimed to be 0.5 KW.

I am unaware of who is currently behind the relays, or if indeed they still emanate from Eire.

Offline Harmony

• NW Europe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Reflections Europe 6295 AM 1459 utc 24 apr 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 1109 UTC »
Which link contains the photos of the transmitter room?

Offline Brian

• Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 1207 UTC »
Which link contains the photos of the transmitter room?

I used to have pics and a video of the TX room which I got from Ken in Scotland. Not sure if I have still have them.
There were a couple of 807 rigs which were broadcasting the same programs on 2 frequencies.
Also an ET4336, a small single 813 rig and a single 807 rig which I think was the 12 Mhz TX.

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 1447 UTC »
The photo that has the old bed on the left as well as the old table is of the transmitter room.

The heavy duty coax that is coiled on the right emanated from the Radio Fax high power rig on the right, which you cannot see.

One of Fax's other rigs was behind the door, which was opposite the window.

The remaining Fax rig was to the left of the window near the bed, lying on the concrete floor. You cannot see it either.

Neither can you see my 76 metre rig. As the original photo thereof showed the rig built on top of a beer tray that advertised beer of the same name as my radio station, it was felt wise to remove that photo from the set of photos online in order to avoid the possibility of legal action by the brewer.

I recall the rig behind the door was the one that was built for 76 metres and that it had an 807 valve, but I could be mistaken. It was a long time ago!

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reflections Europe 6295 AM 1459 utc 24 apr 2019
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 2348 UTC »
Many thanks are due to Ray Lalleu for locking and moving the original thread.

I am pleased that Harmony and Brian have responded.

I have recently re-installed Skype in order to have the equivalent of telephone conversations with one of my former short wave listeners.

Surrprisingly, we have found Skype to be fit for purpose despite the presence of China's great firewall.

Wonders will never cease!

My Skype username is:

ralec123

I shall be happy to accept all Skype invites.

73s from Hohhot City,

Jock Wilson