We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 68th Armed Forces Day Crossband Test  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
68th Armed Forces Day Crossband Test
« on: May 11, 2019, 2300 UTC »
22:57 UTC - AFD Crossband Test,  MARS station  NWVC (Evansville Indiana)  is listening on 7.203 kHz LSB and transmitting on 6913 kHz USB. Taking check-in's from amateur radio operators. The AFD Crossband Test is a unique opportunity to test two-way communications between military communicators and radio stations in the Amateur Radio Service, as authorized in 47 CFR 97.111. These tests provide opportunities and challenges for radio operators to demonstrate individual technical skills in a tightly-controlled exercise scenario that does not impact any public or private communications.”
0116 UTC - 05/12/2019-  Still working stations.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 0117 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: 68th Armed Forces Day Crossband Test
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 2106 UTC »
6913 is also a frequency used by hurricane nets in the Southeast.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: 68th Armed Forces Day Crossband Test
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 0250 UTC »
Heard a few different stations working and being worked throughout the day, but NWVC had the biggest signal by far.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns