We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Fansome's on his way to the Minnesota State Fair  (Read 2983 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fansome's on his way to the Minnesota State Fair
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 2336 UTC »
This is clearly an espionage move by the Minnesota Twins who are clearly bankrolling (several tins of sardines) her appearance at the Fair.  On a Friday August 23, are you going to the Tigers/Twins game or the Minnesota State Fair to eat a head-sized doughnut and wash it down with a mop pail size rootbeer float? Obviously the latter.  Now, if I told you Belinda was coming to the fair how quick would you snap up bleacher tickets for the Twinkies and be thankful for a cold Kramarczuk's Sausage hoagie and a warm Summit Oatmeal Stout?  Reminds me of the trick the Bodega owners use to pull in my Queens neighborhood in the 60's, they would pump classical music outside their establishment to keep the riff/raff from congregating on their sidewalk.  In this case, the riff/raff is being pumped out to keep the fine, God Fearing (We Love It Here) Minnesotans away.  What a fiendish plot, where is Bob Mueller when you need him?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 2353 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 0024 UTC »
I haven't been to the State Fair since 1984 (IIRC), so perhaps this might just get me to go.

Would be fun to have a little ol' transmitter broadcasting the show live to those poor unfortunate souls that couldn't make it here.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 0931 UTC »
He'll be there in his "Catfish On A Stick" stand across from the Tilt-a-Whirl. He likes to catch his customers on an empty stomach.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 1251 UTC »

Ever the shrewd snake oil salesman, Al will be peddling his bath tub farmed catfish at the Minnesota Fair as Walleye-on-a-stick.  In Tijuana they were El Pulpo-on-a-stick.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 1311 UTC »
If Belinda is sold out there is always Mollie B .....https://www.mnstatefair.org/schedule/mollie-b/

The best stick food at the fair..https://www.mnstatefair.org/vendor/141.1/

Mollie B is  a Minnesota favorite..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prdOuJTKm0o
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 1318 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 2222 UTC »
Mollie B is a fing hottie!

And Belinda makes me feel funny in my tummy too.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 0007 UTC »
Belinda makes me feel funny in my tummy too.

That's what his "Catfish On a Stick", does. You go crazy from the dehydration while getting it out of your system. Don't go near the goat barn while under the influence, you're liable to do something that will get you banned from all fairs and livestock auctions for life.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 2227 UTC »
Speaking of Belinda, I saw a Subaru commercial today touting their passenger surrounding air bags. They were shaped exactly like a manatee's inflated skin.

Isn't there a Subaru factory in nearby Indiana? Al better leave Belinda in her tub back at Shady Acres lest she become a Forester air bag.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 2319 UTC »

Is Mollie B Cardi B's sister or mother?  Music obviously runs in the family.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 0707 UTC »

Is Mollie B Cardi B's sister or mother?  Music obviously runs in the family.

Along with plastic surgery.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 0805 UTC »
Polka music, right up there with the swinging the cat by the tale sounds of the bagpipes. We should weaponize the combo.

She needs to takes some some lessons from the "King of The Accordion", Flaco Jimenez. Flaco doesn't play that noise called "polka". He plays Conjunto R&R, Norteno's, and dabbles in Mariachi music. Used to play with the late Freddy Fender, Doug Sahm, and the still above ground Augie Meyers in the Tejano super group, The Texas Tornado's, along with playing with his longtime buddies Willie Nelson, Junior Brown, Dwight Yokum, etc... The Tornado's got heavy rotation on not only various music TV channels, but also the legendary Pirate radio station, Radio Pigmeat International, not some damn fool cable access TV show three drunks watch.

Flaco is a star from the Canadian border to Colombia. Mollie? Known only in places where peoples brains are permanently frozen and suffering from lutefisk poisoning. Why do you think they stomp around so much to that racket? Trying to sweat it out of their systems and get the blood flowing, that's why.

I hope Brother Al can cure her with a laying on of the hands and a diet of blue catfish sushi.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 1758 UTC »
On weaponising music, they used britney spears tracks in gulf war 1, the miniseries, to wage psychological warfare on enemy troops behind fortifications.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 2018 UTC »
She needs to takes some some lessons from the "King of The Accordion", Flaco Jimenez. Flaco doesn't play that noise called "polka".

As Tom Waits said - "a real gentleman is someone who can play the accordian but doesn't".
FPE
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 1606 UTC »
Mollie B plays more than just the accordion ! ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqk7kbYN_I
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 1608 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com