We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Study reveals the Great Pyramid of Giza can focus electromagnetic energy  (Read 887 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Will HOA's allow hams to build replicas of the Great Pyramid in their backyard in an effort to work DX on 160 meters?
Perhaps if the stone is an approved color.

https://m.phys.org/news/2018-07-reveals-great-pyramid-giza-focus.html
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
They can also tell the hoa board that pyramids have been used to prolong the sharpness of razors, at least since the 70s when pyramids were touted as having amazing properties on tv and The Sharper Image or whoever that was.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
They were said to make your weed better, too. A certain bonehead I knew paid nearly one hundred bucks in mid-70's dollars for a ceramic one he kept next to "Attack Squirrel" on his bookshelf. The pyramid didn't work, but we humored him.

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
They put the ditchweed in gummies now, it's suddenly worth something without the pyramidal effects.
Some of it was so bad , the police would say  You can just go now.
and boy we were....I  mean my friends i used to know .so they.. we're so out of there.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 1647 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I was about 14 when the county cops were sent out to burn a big patch near a now long gone backwater. If it hadn't been an election year, I doubt if they would have done a thing, the cops knew how bad it was.

It still grows here and there around there. My guess is it's just as bad as always.