We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Sennheiser BD 300 Audio Bluetooth/headphone jack transmitter  (Read 2651 times)

Fansome

Sennheiser BD 300 Audio Bluetooth/headphone jack transmitter
« on: November 27, 2011, 0148 UTC »
I just got a Sennheiser BD 300 Audio Bluetooth/headphone jack transmitter. It's a dongle, about the size of pack of gum, that plugs into a standard 1/8" stereo jack. It transmits the signal from there to a Bluetooth device, such as wireless headphones.

The lithium-polymer battery is charged via a mini-USB port on one end of the dongle; it takes about 3 hours to charge from completely discharged, and supposedly will run for up to 14 hours on a charge. The other end of the dongle has an integrated 4" audio wire, terminated in a gold 1/8" stereo plug.

Once the battery is charged, the dongle can be disconnected from the USB cable, and and plugged into any audio headphone jack, making it very useful for portable SW listening. I am using it to transmit the audio from my Sony 7600GR to a pair of Motorola S305 headphones; it works very well, and is particularly convenient, since all three devices are battery powered.

The best price I could find was $76 dollars, with free shipping, from B&H Photo.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Sennheiser BD 300 Audio Bluetooth/headphone jack transmitter
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 1945 UTC »
Heh... heh... heh.....  He said "dongle"  Uh-uh....uh-uh...uh-uh....