We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WAS Back On - Freq. Change to Around 13.566 mhz  (Read 2509 times)

Offline K4JYS

• View Profile
WAS Back On - Freq. Change to Around 13.566 mhz
« on: June 29, 2019, 2311 UTC »
GE Hifers,
I just fired WAS back up (yesterday) after replacing the defective osc/amp IC. I have adjusted the output to about 1.4v p-p on the scope. Think that translates to a bit over 4.7mw to the 22m dipole. The new IC moved the freq. up to around 13.566 mhz. I would appreciate any reports...should it be heard?...esp if I am interfering with another beacon or if the new freq. has QRM from ISM xmsns. I will let it run a while on the bench and will probably be doing some tweaking freq. wise. I have packaged the xmtr with a 12vdc p/s and it will be up on the wall. The xmtr is still slow to re-start after loosing power so will need to address that problem since it will not be easy to get to.
Tnx...73 de Bill K4JYS/WAS

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: WAS Back On - Freq. Change to Around 13.566 mhz
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 1645 UTC »
Very weak copy here at 1644 UTC.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree