We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DX etiquette  (Read 3042 times)

Matt285

DX etiquette
« on: June 10, 2019, 2333 UTC »
Just venting.. Can people stop going into great detail about there profession, What they did today. IE getting your oil changed, filling your bird feeders or going to the pharmacy when a DX station is clearly trying to work multiple DX stations and clearly hints to such. WTF

Matt285

Re: DX etiquette
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 1438 UTC »
I just wanted to clarify that my statement was in no way directed toward anyone in the HF-underground community. It was just a general rant after a rough day.

Offline autovon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 0002 UTC »
add
- station that wins the pileup and then asks the DX station what their callsign is.
- big gun station that has talked to the DX station many times before, but calls up anyway to chat and tell the DX that they have a heck of a pile up going.
Default RX location is Wisconsin using various wire antennas. Other RX will be noted.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 2023 UTC »
I like having a run on jt65 and the last guy who answered my cq squats on "my" freq and starts calling cq!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Matt285

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 2321 UTC »
CQ'ing on the same frequency. Who does that? ....... Oh yeah, that guy

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 1625 UTC »
All of the above gripes...one of the key (no pun intended) reasons that I do only CW on the HF bands, put the microphone in the closet around 12 years ago... 8) :)
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.