We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Brother Stair off the air?  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brother Stair off the air?
« on: June 26, 2019, 2235 UTC »

While listening to Allan Weiner Worldwide on 9330 at 2230 utc on 26 Jun 2019, Allan mentioned that he learned that Brother Stair is completely off the air on all radio stations while he deals with other "problems".  He did not know the future status of his programs but would try to be in touch with him.  Allan mentioned that upcoming Overcomer Ministries will be from the archives.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: Brother Stair off the air?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 1204 UTC »
Maybe he's going back to prison? 

As far as the "archives" go - there's gotta be what, 30-40 years worth of Brother Stair ramblings to choose from? 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 1211 UTC »
Not a chance. I heard him on a MW fire and brimstone station two nights ago begging for money. I think it was coming from Louisville, KY?

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 1441 UTC »
Just might be the end of an era. It used to be Radio Havana, Gene Scott, and Brother Stair were as dependable on SW as the sun rising tomorrow.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 1548 UTC »
Unless it was an old AWWW show when Stair might have halted broadcasts for a bit.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline i_hear_you

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 1926 UTC »
I think I hear Brother Stair on 9330 right now.

EDIT:

Definitely hear him on 9395 right now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 1930 UTC by i_hear_you »

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 1203 UTC »
He's often on several frequencies at once, sometimes with the same station on multiple frequencies but often through multiple stations (both shortwave and AM broadcast). 

https://overcomerministry.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/OVERCOMER-MINISTRY-RADIO-LOG-April-2019.pdf
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 1831 UTC »
Just might be the end of an era. It used to be Radio Havana, Gene Scott, and Brother Stair were as dependable on SW as the sun rising tomorrow.

I was a big fan of ol' Gene, his ice-cream man suits, his white-boards and his pony-girls on TV. I worked at a bar in those days. When I got home on weekends, by the time I ate and rolled one up, there he was in all his glory to enjoy a smoke with.

If it was Sunday morning, Ernest Angely and his toupe' that never moved as he hopped around, followed Gene. Talk about a two-fer of jackleg preachers! Can you say "Bay-Bee!"?

I think Ernest is still alive? He was when checked awhile back, but he's close to or over 90. You never know with folks in that age range.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns