We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, 10 years ago today...  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Al, 10 years ago today...
« on: July 05, 2019, 2223 UTC »
I was told Pat Murphy aka Commander Bunny aka Bill O. Rights, born Jerry M. Graves, was dying of "terminal cancer", by three of his cronies, leprechaun, a gnome, and a regular looking guy while they were grilling me about your "real" name at a cookout. As the Virginia Bunnyman had told me he was "dying of terminal cancer" some five years before on the phone when he'd got himself into a mess, I wasn't buying what they were selling that fifth of July, but I played along.

This afternoon while recalling the incident, it struck me we should track this Jerry Graves/Pat Murphy character down and extract some of his DNA. Big Pharma would pay big bucks for something like that. I know he's not at the Smith Mountain Lake Hutch, he's scared of snakes. (Why I don't know? He is one.) Perhaps while we're at it, we can probe his brain and find out what motivates him to turn in other pirates to the authorities for no earthly reason? Is it the shadow of the Almighty Radio Bob
lurking in his past or was he crazy as a March Hare long before Bob stumbled into his sights? There are effective medications for paranoia these days, perhaps he should see a shrink?

He was a strange old coot.

Weed Dick

Re: Al, 10 years ago today...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 0156 UTC »
Why do you keep bringing this nonsense up??? You must be infatuated with Pat Murphy lol! Let it go comrade. Either that or have your meds changed.

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 0232 UTC »
Ten years ago? Hard to believe it's been that long...

I like the idea of a brain probe; I understand that they're doing great things with microscopic surgery these days.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 0448 UTC »
Why do you keep bringing this nonsense up??? You must be infatuated with Pat Murphy lol! Let it go comrade. Either that or have your meds changed.

Hiya! I knew you would show up. These threads always bring out the flies. Say "Howdy" to the Leprechaun if he's not locked up. Me? I'm just preachin' the truth to the faithful like I do when I get a whiff of rabbit droppings on the airwaves.

Al, we could remove all the crap Bunny-Boy has got stuffed up there during that probe, too. He'd be a much happier camper.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 1845 UTC »
Burned fellow privateers? That's dirty pool. His shows were shite anyway.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 2354 UTC »
Don't tell him that. When the interwebz were young he would post under different handles on D.C. regional radio boards promoting Pat Murphy as one of the market's "Radio Gods". The other guy's would figure out who he was and run him off. I can't remember if this was before or after he first told me he only had "four to six months to live" as it's been nearly 20 years ago.

I've seen some pretty big manure heaps on cattle farms, but never one as dense as Pat. I'm surprised he doesn't leave six inch deep footprints in the concrete when he goes strolling down the sidewalk.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns