We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6.950 AM/USB Radio True North  (Read 1430 times)

HTP

6.950 AM/USB Radio True North
« on: November 17, 2011, 0329 UTC »
Also picking up something on 6.950 USB, fading in and out, music.  Was playing a song I knew but can't remember the title of, then person came on talking, then faded out, now at 0337 its back with more music.  Still very weak here though.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 1124 UTC by HTP »

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6.950 USB ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 0348 UTC »
Have a signal here on 6950 AM and it is big and powerful 20db over s9 , but keep on missing the ID ,slightly distorted but not bad. Lots of hip hop and dance music.

HTP

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 0355 UTC »
Hearing it now on AM too.  I wish I knew the songs better, keeps playing ones I don't know the name of.  : )

HTP

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 0404 UTC »
Coming in a bit better on USB again.  Thought I heard a one word ID but still quite hard to make out.  Still listening.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 0453 UTC »
Finally got an ID ...Radio True North. Very loud into my neck of the woods 40db over s9 now. Lots of club music that i do not recognize . Distortion seems to have gone now. Been in and out of the radio room all night steady and strong throughout.

Thanks for the show sir !

Doc John

Offline RadioTrueNorth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 0458 UTC »
Wow Doc John.  Was I really that loud?  Wow!  You are very welcome sir!  I am playing a lot of music from EU.  Thats what free radio is all about.  Playing the music that the commercial stations wont or have long forgotten about.  Must have been some phase distortion on my signal for a while.  Thanks for all your reports guys.

RTN
Somewhere on the Left side....
Soft66lc4 SDR
Ant Delta Loop or Doublett up 55 ft
RadioTrueNorth@gmail.com

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6.950 AM/USB Radio True North
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 1449 UTC »
You were indeed that strong  8) You often have a very good signal in here. Yes it probably was phase distortion. It was hard to place thought i would mention it as it is always good for the op to get feed back .

Offline RadioTrueNorth

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6.950 AM/USB Radio True North
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 1926 UTC »
I always appreciate comments from everybody.  Especially ops!  Keep them coming!
Somewhere on the Left side....
Soft66lc4 SDR
Ant Delta Loop or Doublett up 55 ft
RadioTrueNorth@gmail.com