We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Huawei staff employment records link them to Chinese military agencies  (Read 1533 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Huawei staff employment records link them to Chinese military agencies

LONDON — Huawei staff admitted to having worked with Chinese intelligence agencies in a “mass trove” of employment records leaked online.

Analysis of CVs of Huawei employees appear to show “far closer links” between the telecommunications company and military-backed cyber agencies than previously thought, a think-tank claims.

The employment files suggest that some Huawei staff have also worked as agents within China’s Ministry of State Security; worked on joint projects with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA); were educated at China’s leading military academy; and have been employed by a military unit accused of a cyber attack on U.S. corporations.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/smoking-gun-huawei-staff-employment-records-link-them-to-chinese-military-agencies
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Like any Chinese company isn't in bed with the chicoms.

China is a nation where 1,330,149,834 people are enslaved by 90,594,000 people.

We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
 Recent conviction of two U.S. naturalized citizens, one Taiwanese and the other Vietnamese for stealing U.S. semiconductor chip technology for China...  https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/electrical-engineer-convicted-conspiring-illegally-export-china-semiconductor-chips-missile
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 2142 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
And we worry about Mexicans ....

Damn time we worry about everyone...  The PLA is everywhere !!!!

Where are my meds???
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
And we worry about Mexicans ....

Damn time we worry about everyone...  The PLA is everywhere !!!!

Where are my meds???

The problem is with open borders is someone nefarious will bring in something nefarious. Kinda like when old sam b laden prophesied about 50 American Hiroshimas, they'd use illegals to backpack in some suitcase nooks and then slot the backpackers so they'd never be able to talk. Or when they bring in nice shiny stainless steel containers filled with miltarised anthrax and plague.

On the chicom int agencies and their nefarious plottings, China doesn't have 4 int agencies, it has 40 million.
Say you're a mid level manager at China Stolen Technologies Partnership LLC, and your boss says some people's enslavement army navy brass wants to talk to you, do you tell them no? Chinese who tell the people's enslavement army navy no get the bill for the bullet to their head sent to their closest relative.
So the people's enslavement brass walks in and says you will go to the US and partnership with specific industriomilitariocomplex corporation and get us this technology, as is your duty as a good comrade.

As a mid level manager you know full well your entire company is a utter fabrication of the people's enslavement army navy and every yuan/renmimbe comes from the people's enslavement army navy, so you go to America and steal this technology. That's not to say there aren't people in America, Chinese background or not, who hate the country enough to spy for cash or ideology or anything.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 2104 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
Why do these kinda posts seem to pop up about every 28 days?

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Those who hate the country to spy for cash, ideology or anything......https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-cia-officer-sentenced-prison-espionage
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com