We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 15.721 UNID  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Bowman1

• The cornfields of Iowa
  • Boris, Radio Kitty.
    • View Profile
    • HF Radio Review
    • Email
15.721 UNID
« on: November 30, 2011, 0405 UTC »
It sounds like four words on some kind of loop repeating over and over again. I can't make out a word of it or identify the language. Now it sounds like a numbers broadcast of some kind.

EDIT: Must have caught this numbers station just as it was signing on. repeated the same phrase for a few minutes before beginning actual numbers transmission. Off around 0415.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 0416 UTC by Bowman1 »
Receivers: Elad FDM-SW2  r390a, WJ-8718, Microtelcom Perseus
Antennas: 65' sloping vertical, Pixel Technologies magnetic loop, Array Solutions SAL-30
QSL info: bowman1 [at] gmail

"Bowman, what are you doing hanging out in grocery store parking lots? Kinda creepy."

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 15.721 UNID
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 1507 UTC »
The station you heard was Russian language numbers station S06.  It has a schedule on that frequency starting at 0400 every Thursday and Friday morning (UTC).  The "words" at the beginning were numbers, in Russian, and it was probably only three numbers, although you may have heard 4 sounds.  I did not listen to it last night so I do not know what it said, but generaly it starts with a 3 figure ID.

A video here of the station http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10b33u0ykE

If you tune in to that freq again tonight starting at 0400 UTC you should hear a repeat of the same transmission.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA