We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Beyond Impossible Dog Food  (Read 18388 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Beyond Impossible Dog Food
« on: July 23, 2019, 2017 UTC »
Appearing on Friday’s AgriTalk, University of California/Davis professor Frank Mitloehner said the ingredients in two of America’s leading plant-based alternative proteins are quite similar to those found in dog food.

Explaining to rather stunned AgriTalk host Chip Flory, Mitloehner said, “When you look at Impossible Burger or Beyond Meat, you will find that they have 21 or 22 highly-processed ingredients. In fact, so processed that you are hard pressed in identifying the difference between those items, versus let's say, pet food.”

On his Twitter account (@GHGGuru), Mitloehner posted a trivia question asking viewers if they could distinguish the ingredients for the Impossible Burger, Beyond Meat, and a specific brand of dog food. He said the tweet received thousands of responses, most with the wrong answer.

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Impossible Dog Food
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 2059 UTC »
Who knew the vegetarians were eating dog food.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 1228 UTC »
My wife likes the Burger King veggie burger. I wonder if I can teach her to fetch?

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 1805 UTC »
Those burgers look pretty darn good. I may have .to break down and give on a try. I'll be doing it to save the environment, of course.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 0310 UTC »
How about a taste test with Alpo as the control food for both the dog food and meat categories? It's supposed to be both.

Bon appetit, Professor Fansome!