We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: VMW Wiluna  (Read 14504 times)

Offline MHZ

• View Profile
    • Email
VMW Wiluna
« on: July 28, 2019, 0812 UTC »
All on 7533.1 KHz.
SDRPlay RSP2/SDRUno and Fdigi.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: VMW Wiluna
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 1646 UTC »
Nice!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 1924 UTC »
Those are very nice. Where's your QTH?
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline MHZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 2326 UTC »
Those are very nice. Where's your QTH?

North of Warrnambool, Victoria. Australia.
In a very (electrically) quiet country location, all power lines are underground.

In all of these I still had not set the slant as you can see. But I have found even with the slant correction it doesn't always work super well.
The signals from both VMC/VMW vary a lot here, when they are good, they are good usually consistently S9 on the SDRUno meter. Being winter here there is a lot of noise and fading. There is a transmission at 0600z (from memory) which is beamed to Tasmania, it must be incredibly directional as I have never been able to hear it.

I am hoping over the summer months that I will be able to receive some of the Kyodo News faxes, can't read a scrap of Japanese, but it would be cool to receive/decode it.
Also being trying for faxes from Kodiak and the famous Berring Sea - but the low power and time of year is against me right now :)