We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Meat consumption needs to be cut to save the planet? Follow The Money  (Read 9633 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Read this twitter thread - super important. This push to cut meat consumption is being pushed by those with ties to the fake meat companies.  As always... follow the money.

https://twitter.com/_S70DD/status/1157880263613005826

To summarize:

You see the news reports, like this one from CNN: https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1157607331103944704  "Americans will need to cut their beef consumption by about 40% and Europeans by 22% for the world to continue to feed everyone in the next 30 years, according to a new report."

The study cited is done by the World Research Institute.

WRI's Co-Chair is David Blood. David Blood is former Goldman Sachs' Asset Management head who founded Generation Investment Management with Al Gore.

Generation Investment Management just happens to be aligned with a firm called Kleiner Perkins, who just happens to count one Al Gore as one of their partners and advisors, and Kleiner Perkins just happens to be
BeyondMeat's biggest investor.

And now you know the rest of the story.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
A few words from the otherr side:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

I'll say no more on this.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Now Chris, we all know Dave Blood died of a drug overdose in 2004. It crushed fan's of the Dead Millkmen, a band that took a hard line on milk cows but were also anti-Hippy. Those boy's were good all-American meat eaters. Mojo Nixon fed them with TV dinners on their first West Coast tour. TV dinners means Salisbury Steak. Dave Blood anti-meat? He lived two more decades because of the TV dinner tour.

Strangely, Dave was studying for Ph.D. in Economics when his suicide happened. A possible switch of identities?

We may have to put this one on the "DubyaBushHitList" site? Dub is a secret member of the Texas Tofu Liberation Front. The shooting of Dick Cheney on that quail hunt was to get Cheney in line with the program. How do I know this? My secret hotline to Alex Jones, that's how. He never lies or makes things up.

BTW, if you ever get an envelope of pamphlets from Pueblo, CO, don't read them. There was a guy's kid who lived next to Al at Shady Acres who sent off for some and ended up decapitated. His head was found by the Sno-Cone concession. It's still unsolved, the Dad blames it on some thing or someone called "The Mixer". Poor Bill Junior!

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We only have 10 more years anyway so nothing matters.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
We only have 10 more years anyway so nothing matters.

Reminds me of "fusion power is 30 years away".  It's been 30 years away for the past 60 years  :)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Offline KaySeeks

• DX Legend
  • Quebec. Vive la différence.
    • View Profile
. This push to cut meat consumption is being pushed by those with ties to the fake meat companies.

Ummm.

Well, those folks may be financially interested, it's not like they are the only ones advocating for it. There are plenty of people with no expectation of financial gain pointing out the issues. Jim's reference is a starting point.
Just somebody with a radio, a computer and a pair of headphones...

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Dunno bout you guys but I'm fixin to blast that cuck-driven soy powered prius behind my turbo diesel suv with a cloud of diesel smoke.... all while eating a double whopper with fries.

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Just passed the prius with my rig hauling a load of hogs to the processing plant.
He's gagging on his vegan latte in my wake.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Dunno bout you guys but I'm fixin to blast that cuck-driven soy powered prius behind my turbo diesel suv with a cloud of diesel smoke.... all while eating a double whopper with fries.

I have a turbo diesel SUV as well (sans diesel smoke, which I kinda miss as I love the smell of diesel).

Is the diesel slow? Oh no no... not at all. At a speed of <redacted to protect the guilty>, its smooooeeother than silk. Faster than most squares on the highway as it is, and its not even trying. These things get to 140+ mph on the Autobahn.

Guy I know got a new Toyota Highlander hybrid. Seems decent enough and I asked about mileage. My larger & heavier TDI gets better mileage.

Who's more "green?" Kermit the Frog. However, my name ain't Kermit and I'm not a frog. I'm a human and I eat meat & plants of my own free will.

Just to spite Algore & this "peak meat," I'm going to make sure I get some steak grilling this weekend on the BBQ (BBQ causes problems in certain circles as well). With mushrooms and leeks. Leeks are green.

P.S. Always follow the money.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
In my short time on this planet I have learned that anytime some organization tells me something is good for the planet, it really means its good for their pocket.  I'm not suggesting that environmental stewardship is a bad thing, or unnecessary, but people do tend to go to the extremes, especially when financial lubrication is involved.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." - H. L. Mencken

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
It’s real, it’s delicious and it’s for your enjoyment. Look for limited edition SPAM® Pumpkin Spice 2-packs coming Sept. 23rd to SPAM.com and Walmart.com. Eat one, save one!

Ingredients
Pork with Ham, Sugar, Water, Salt, Modified Potato Starch, Spices, Sodium Nitrite

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 oz (56g); Servings: 6

Calories: 180 ; Total Fat: 16g (21%); Saturated Fat: 6g (30%); Cholesterol: 40mg (13%); Sodium: 600mg (26%); Total Carbohydrates: 3g (1%); Dietary Fiber: 0g (0%); Sugars: 3g (6%); Protein: 7g ;

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 2121 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
The maple flavoured sausage is a big seller at work. Have to keep an eye out for the punkin spice spams.
Also LOL @ peak meat.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
I wonder if the Pumpkin Spice Spam would go good with a Pumpkin Ale ? ....https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/styles/72/

List of all things pumpkin that no one asked for ....https://www.wideopeneats.com/15-ridiculous-pumpkin-season-products/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 1831 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Fansome

So, when the GF calls me a "meathead", it means I really like meat, right?