We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Car-B-Que  (Read 3265 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Car-B-Que
« on: August 12, 2019, 1219 UTC »
Autopilot can't see a parked truck and slams into it at full speed, but we'll have a million robo-taxis in 2020?

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1160878944398135296

Looks a little hot to properly smoke ribs to me, I'll defer to Pigmeat's expert opinion.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Boriken

• Western North Carolina
    • View Profile
Re: Car-B-Que
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 1502 UTC »
I worked at a major mfg facility back in the 80's. They installed these automated robots (AGV's) to pickup full pallets & drop off empties. Problem was the guys that set it up & did the collision avoidance calibration wore khaki uniforms. The production techs on the floor wore blue jeans. Needless to say once it went live we had quite a few robot vs pedestrian collisions.
Scott / WB4YZA
Western North Carolina
Mosty homebrew, 100% analog

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Car-B-Que
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 1828 UTC »
Pretty sure that's how they clean up any evidence after one denies the eula.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns