We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Attention Propagation Nerds  (Read 34889 times)

Offline i_hear_you

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Attention Propagation Nerds
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 1745 UTC »
Could you be more specific?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 1757 UTC »
Owl Gorythm said we'd be under water by now unless we paid him and his church carbon taxes so he could keep his jet airliner and mansions burning fossil fuels. With that as the case, I know globular warmins is fake news.

Also
https://www.britannica.com/science/medieval-warm-period
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 1821 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline i_hear_you

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 1820 UTC »
Beware anyone who says it's "settled science."  I agree that it makes sense on a simplistic level:  man started making Co2 en masse on this date, and temperatures started rising from that date.  However, the controversies regarding data manipulation, the models that can't predict anything and must constantly be revised, and the obvious political motivations at play should cause one to look deeper.  There are far more variables in the equation than just Co2 in the atmosphere.

Here's some recent findings by the Finnish and the Japanese, who hardly rate as "virulent conservative talk show hosts" as one commenter put it:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1907.00165.pdf
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45466-8

even if one doesn't have kids or grandkids they should care about those who do.

This is not the way the world works.  Despite the outliers we can name, the majority of humanity operates on how much skin they have in the game.  Don't be fooled by the bumper stickers and social media postings about saving the whales and rainforest, freeing Tibet, and "going green."  Most people express these things to earn social cachet, it's social signaling and it costs exactly nothing.  Once it starts costing something, you can expect changes in attitude.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 1823 UTC »
Agreed, if the warmers were serious they'd be offing themselves en mass. Or at least crouching in caves and living off air and water alone.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 1834 UTC »
"Could you be more specific?"

I'm sorry, no I can't.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 2059 UTC »
I'm just sittin' on a fence
You can say I got no sense
Trying to make up my mind
Really is too horrifying
So I'm sittin on a fence
(Jagger/Richards)

QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 2203 UTC »
Iono. The fact that tropical plant and animal fossils are found in arctic zones, as well as atop mountains, indicates some pretty drastic climate changes have already taken place.
I presume dino factories, dino cars, and the lavish dino style of living created the dinogenic climate change the dinosaurs put their world through. Sadly, the dino deniers didn't listen to the dino warmers.

Also, something needs to be done about the sun and volcanos as they simply have too much control over our climate, perhaps a tax  or other regulatory measure?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 2205 UTC by Josh »

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 1123 UTC »
For the record, Koch says this of climate change: “You can plausibly say that CO2 has contributed” to the planet's warming, but he sees “no evidence” to support “this theory that it's going to be catastrophic.”

https://www.desmogblog.com/2015/05/04/charles-koch-admits-climate-change-happening-then-denies-problem

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/06/06/what-charles-koch-really-thinks-about-climate-change/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cb964bc87675

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 1135 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 1450 UTC »
China and India pollute as much, if not more than the US -- I think data for that is easy enough to find online. For example, China is funding coal fired power plants in Pakistan as part of its foreign aid and new Silk Road initiative.

I think global warming is indeed a thing, and human activity has contributed. It began to contribute to CO2 increases about 7000 years ago with the spread of agriculture. We were headed for an ice age about then. This was in either Scientific American or Science magazine -- an article I read in the 1990's which I have since lost and isn't present online unfortunately.

That all said, I think the sun's influence on climate, as well as volcanism, are greater than the media tends to state.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline olddxer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2019, 1400 UTC »
A very interesting thread!
Anan 8000DLE, Drake R8B, NRD-515, Perseus SDR, a bunch of Hammarlunds, Inverted V multiband dipole

Merohde@columbus.rr.com

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 1456 UTC »
We are run by a bunch of people, who know they will be dead in 20 years.
The first part of that is bad...    8)

As opposed to those who have  been around for 20 years and are already brain dead ?
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 1902 UTC »
"As opposed to those who have  been around for 20 years and are already brain dead ?"

They have a name: YRNF    8)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile

Offline i_hear_you

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2019, 0152 UTC »
solar-cycles-explained-by-planetary-alignment

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, Age of Aquarius......

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2019, 1937 UTC »
And all the propagation nerds independently and involuntarily  flexed each buttcheek to the beat.