We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Par end fed EF-SWL antenna  (Read 1358 times)

Matt285

Par end fed EF-SWL antenna
« on: August 20, 2019, 1621 UTC »
I was just reading reviews for this antenna and all were great. I was thinking this might be a good choice for portable operation. $75.00 isn't outrageous, but I'm just wondering what makes this antenna better than a piece of wire and what is in the box where the SO239 is located. Could this be engineered easily? Thanks

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Par end fed EF-SWL antenna
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 1646 UTC »
Looks to be a 9:1 transformer in the box on the end, standard binocular core.  Basically one of my 450 ohm cyclops antenna transformers :)

https://www.blackcatsystems.com/rf-products/cyclops_rf_ham_shortwave_radio_matching_transformer.html
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree