We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Product Review: Birchbenbenders Keto Pancake/Waffle mix  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Dag

• View Profile
Product Review: Birchbenbenders Keto Pancake/Waffle mix
« on: September 01, 2019, 2039 UTC »
I found Birchbenders Keto Waffle and  Pancake mix at my local  grocery store. https://birchbenders.com/collections/pancake-waffle-mix/products/keto

It's a dry mix to which you add some water to make a pancake and waffle batter.  Very easy.

I get about 5 4" pancakes from one serving, enough for my wife and me (not including the 4 thick Applewood bacon slices that I put on the side.)

I pan  fried the batter in ample butter: the presentation is indistinguishable from a conventional flour-based pancake mix (pleasant golden brown), such as Aunt Jemima's -- although they deflate a little once on the serving plate. The texture is ever so slightly grainy consistent with the almond  flour component, but the taste is very satisfying and a very closely resembles the pancakes I grew up on.

Macros per serving of mix: 56% fat, 23% carbs, 20% protein. I rounded the results: it adds up to 99%)
One serving: two 4" pancakes: 10 g carbs,5g fiber, 9 gr protein.
Ingredients: Almond flour,  eggs, Tigernut flour, coconut flour, Cassava starch, buttermilk,leaving (monocalcium phosphate,sodium bicarbonate), salt, spice.

This product can fit into a keto diet sort of. I'm a little concerned about the cassava starch.

I give it a 9 on a scale of 10 for taste and ease of preparation.

Dag

Seminole county, Florida, USA, Earth, Solar System, Universe.Icom 7610 + attic dipole. Black coffee. Ketosis.